Rustom Mody writes: > May I have the setup? > ie where do I put that JS, the invocation/import or whatever of JQuery etc > [I really dont know any JS!] I attach a zip file. It expands to a folder containing three files: a sample Org document, a current version of JQuery, and the code snippet I posted. Open the Org and export to HTML, you should see very simple popups when you hover over the footnote markers. JQuery is a library that makes it easier to get stuff done in javascript. You may want to get your own at http://jquery.com. All the Org setup you need to make it work is in the lines: #+HTML_HEAD: #+HTML_HEAD: On an actual website, you might not have the javascript in the same folder as the HTML, so you'd need to edit the HTML_HEAD lines to give the right path to the .js files relative to the HTML document. Let me know if this doesn't work or isn't clear. Yours, Christian