* Invalid function
@ 2014-06-22  2:44 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-06-22  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

Today I updated Org mode from its git repo using the makefile I've had
for a long time.  It usually works flawlessly, but today it didn't:

In toplevel form:
ox.el:77:1:Error: Invalid function: "Org"
Done (Total of 65 files compiled, 43 failed, 3 skipped)

What's going on?

Worg suggests that the invalid function problem might be solved by
running make clean and then make again, but doing this didn't help me.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Invalid function
@ 2014-06-22  3:04 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-06-22  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

Hi,

> ox.el:77:1:Error: Invalid function: "Org"

Is that line 77 in /lisp/ox.el? Maybe have a look ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: Invalid function
@ 2014-06-22  3:26   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-06-22  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> ox.el:77:1:Error: Invalid function: "Org"
>
> Is that line 77 in /lisp/ox.el? Maybe have a look ...

Nothing that looks like "Org" there.  And there are still the other 42
failures ...

Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Invalid function
@ 2014-06-25  8:46 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-06-25  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Thomas,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> What's going on?

Do you still see this errors?

> Worg suggests that the invalid function problem might be solved by
> running make clean and then make again, but doing this didn't help
> me.

Can you try reinstalling by first remove local.mk or regenerating it
with ~$ make config ?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Invalid function
@ 2014-06-25 13:08   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-06-25 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:
> Can you try reinstalling by first remove local.mk or regenerating it
> with ~$ make config ?

The local.mk is never touched if one exists, make config simply shows you
the most important settings there.

In any case, the error was most likely caused by an incorrect defcustom
entry that was corrected a few hours later.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Invalid function
@ 2014-06-25 16:37   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-06-25 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-mode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> What's going on?
>
> Do you still see this errors?

No, the errors are gone.  Thanks for following up.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813