From: tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye)
To: Onur Solmaz <onursolmaz@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-article.cls generated empty after tangling
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 07:30:13 -1000	[thread overview]

Aloha Onur,

Onur Solmaz <onursolmaz@gmail.com> writes:

> I followed the instructions on this website:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/article-class.html
>
> and tried to tangle article-class.org to obtain the class file
> org-article.cls that is to be used when exporting LaTeX files. The file is
> weirdly empty.
>
> Does anybody have an idea why? I have tried without my emacs configuration,
> and also on another machine.

This was written using the old exporter while Babel was under
development.  I haven't tried to keep it current.  I'm not surprised it
doesn't work for you, though I don't know exactly why it doesn't work
anymore.

Are you having problems tangling other files, or just this one?

Most of the reasons it was developed disappeared with the new export
framework in Org-mode version 8.

Perhaps it is (past) time to remove this from the babel examples on Worg?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye