* [proposal] timezone-aware timestamps enhancement
@ 2015-03-18  8:13 Randomcoder
From: Randomcoder @ 2015-03-18  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Currently, AFAIK when scheduling something in Org-Mode, the timestamp
doesn't have a timezone.

Use-case example: Let's say Carsten Dominik schedules a meeting with
someone, then jumps on a plane and travels to some place that's on a
timezone difference of -/+ 3 hours. He will probably miss the meeting.

I propose one of the following alternatives:

* either all timestamps are considered UTC and they dynamically change
with the timezone of the system where Emacs is running
* timestamps come with timezone so the user can see what time the
meeting was scheduled at.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I welcome any feedback on this
as I'm interested in how other people are solving this sort of problem.