From: Joseph Le Roux <joseph.le.roux@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: org-class and headers
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:04:37 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear orgmode users,

First let me express my gratitude to the developers and maintainers for
such a wonderful piece of software!

I am a professor and I use org-class to schedule my lectures. It is very
useful to organize these repeated events and take into account holidays.
But inevitably in the academic world, some lectures get cancelled,
postponed, or moved to another day. In this case org-class does not
provide an efficient way to cancel and/or reschedule lectures. Another
issue I have is the inability to mark one class as DONE and still have
the remaining classes marked as TODO, and more generally to organize
notes and sort them by class sessions. Has any orgmode user ever solved
this problem ?

I've been thinking about this and I've come up with a possible solution.
Could org-class be modified in order to generate a list of headers, one
for each session of the class? These headers could then be independently
rescheduled at will. And of course each header could have its own
content. Any thought on how to implement this?

Cheers,

--
Joseph Le Roux

RCLN, LIPN, Université Paris 13