This patch to org-mac-message.el should make it show growl notifications when searching for flagged messages and growl is running, and work silently otherwise. It's a little more complicated than it needs to be, since as noted in a comment about the "double-tell" idiom, using the creator code to find the application is probably not going to work unless the application's name is exactly "GrowlHelperApp" anyway, but I am not motivated to simpilify this more now that I have it working. Someone else is welcome to improve on it. Anyone is welcome to use this patch for any purpose. I hereby place it in the public domain.