* Python script to download Google Calendar events
@ 2011-07-11 10:21 Felix Geller
From: Felix Geller @ 2011-07-11 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I wrote a Python script that [1] uses the GData API to download events
for your Google Calendar and prints them to a given org-file. It is a
very tiny script, but perhaps it is of use to other people as well.

Small disclaimer: I've tested this on Mac OS X only, using Python 2.7.2.

Let me know what you think :)

Cheers,
Felix

Footnotes:

[1] https://bitbucket.org/fgeller/gcal2org/src/8fa7d2b83ab3/gcal2org.py

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 202 bytes --]

* Python script to download Google Calendar events
@ 2011-07-11 20:13 ` Felix Geller
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Felix Geller @ 2011-07-11 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I wrote a Python script that [1] uses the GData API to download events
for your Google Calendar and prints them to a given org-file. It is a
very tiny script, but perhaps it is of use to other people as well.

Small disclaimer: I've tested this on Mac OS X only, using Python 2.7.2.

Let me know what you think :)

Cheers,
Felix

P.S.: Please excuse double posting if the first version does show up.

Footnotes:

[1] https://bitbucket.org/fgeller/gcal2org/src/8fa7d2b83ab3/gcal2org.py

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 202 bytes --]

* Re: Python script to download Google Calendar events
@ 2011-07-12 15:37 ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2011-07-12 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Geller; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Felix,

> Small disclaimer: I've tested this on Mac OS X only, using Python 2.7.2.

It took me a while to get the gpg part working but now its working nicely :)
I had to remove -no-tty for some reason.
getting from
authinfo = os.popen('gpg -q -no-tty -d ~/org/google_passwd.org.gpg').read()
authinfo = os.popen('gpg -q -d ~/org/google_passwd.org.gpg').read()

This is working under Arch-Linux, obvious after tweaking to use python2
and not python3.

I will test if I could add the generated file to my agenda.

This would allow me to merge the google calendar with org.
Basically, I started to use the google calendar since most of the time I
add events on my smartphone. Adding a quick event is, for now, much
easier using the google calendar rather then trying to sync via
org-mobile. I also appreciate the calendar view on small screens rather
then a text-based view. A sync between org-mode and google events is not
necessary as long as I stick with the way to add/change events only on
my mobile phone. (but sure it would be awesome if there would be a real
sync).

Lets see how it works out.

Totti

* Re: Python script to download Google Calendar events
@ 2011-07-13  8:38   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-13  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Geller; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Felix,

Felix Geller <fgeller@gmail.com> writes:

> I wrote a Python script that [1] uses the GData API to download events
> for your Google Calendar and prints them to a given org-file. It is a
> very tiny script, but perhaps it is of use to other people as well.
>
> Small disclaimer: I've tested this on Mac OS X only, using Python
> 2.7.2.

This looks nice.  I've not tested it yet, I'm busy with the release.

Would you have any objection if I put this in this section of Worg:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-translators.html

?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Python script to download Google Calendar events
@ 2011-07-13 10:54     ` Felix Geller
From: Felix Geller @ 2011-07-13 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:38:22 +0200, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> This looks nice.  I've not tested it yet, I'm busy with the release.
>
> Would you have any objection if I put this in this section of Worg:
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-translators.html
>
> ?

no, not at all :)

Cheers,
Felix

@ 2011-07-13 11:24       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-13 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Geller; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Felix Geller <fgeller@gmail.com> writes:

> no, not at all :)

Okay, done.  Thanks a lot!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Python script to download Google Calendar events
@ 2011-07-22 12:59   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2011-07-22 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Felix,

Felix Geller <fgeller@gmail.com> writes:

> I wrote a Python script that [1] uses the GData API to download events
> for your Google Calendar and prints them to a given org-file. It is a
> very tiny script, but perhaps it is of use to other people as well.

Now I've had some time to play around with your script and it is very
nice and fast. I tingled a bit with it.

I (think) I have added support for other calendars using the
https://.*/private/full urls. I've also added a category.

Thus, one can specify gcal2org.py name@gpost.com file uri

and if uri is left out it will work as your script.

I have hosted the alternative script here:

  http://andromeda.kiwilight.com/~pank/gcal2org.txt (no .py allowed)
  http://andromeda.kiwilight.com/~pank/gcal2org.diff

The thing is, I don't know where you find these private/full urls in the
web-interface. I found them via Gdata. Optimally, it should just use
one of the urls from the web-interface.

Cheers,
Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: Python script to download Google Calendar events
@ 2011-07-22 13:01   ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2011-07-22 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2011-07-29 21:23     ` Felix Geller