* Feature Requests: `org-refile-targets'
@ 2011-09-14 19:48 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-09-14 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I have two related feature requests:

1. The ability to refile based on properties.  I have a bunch of items
   with a :CATEGORY: entry in their property drawer.  I would like such
   items always to be refile targets.  So I'd like, perhaps, a regexp
   for property matching, e.g. "\\`:CATEGORY:.*"

2. In-buffer settings for `org-refile-targets'.  What makes an
   appropriate target in one file may not be a good target in another,
   and I want to be able to distribute the file with it refiling options
   built-in.

I can live without #2, since I can always use Emacs' file-local
variables to set `org-refile-targets', but #1 feels more urgent.

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: Feature Requests: `org-refile-targets'
@ 2011-09-22 19:22 ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-09-22 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

on Wed Sep 14 2011, Dave Abrahams <dave-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have two related feature requests:
>
> 1. The ability to refile based on properties.  I have a bunch of items
>    with a :CATEGORY: entry in their property drawer.  I would like such
>    items always to be refile targets.  So I'd like, perhaps, a regexp
>    for property matching, e.g. "\\`:CATEGORY:.*"
>
> 2. In-buffer settings for `org-refile-targets'.  What makes an
>    appropriate target in one file may not be a good target in another,
>    and I want to be able to distribute the file with it refiling options
>    built-in.
>
> I can live without #2, since I can always use Emacs' file-local
> variables to set `org-refile-targets', but #1 feels more urgent.

Actually, I can't live without #2.  Setting a file-local variable works
fine until I am in the agenda, because the setting doesn't get
translated to the agenda buffer(!)

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing