* Pushing and pulling to google calendar
@ 2014-06-29 13:24 Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2014-06-29 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, eric@ericabrahamsen.net

Hi Everybody,

Is there a way to sync org-agenda with google calendar so that I can exploit googles calendar reminder.

I wish there was a way to send calendar reminders (pop-up, emails, text message )  from org-mode rather than going through google.

Best Wishes,

Sent from my iPad

* Re: Pushing and pulling to google calendar
@ 2014-06-29 16:38 ` Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo @ 2014-06-29 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Doyley, Marvin M." <mdoyley@ur.rochester.edu> writes:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> Is there a way to sync org-agenda with google calendar so that I can
> exploit googles calendar reminder.
>
> I wish there was a way to send calendar reminders (pop-up, emails,
> text message ) from org-mode rather than going through google.

MobileOrg can synchronize to your google calendar, you can then set up
remainders with the calendar app in your phone.

Check (info "(org) MobileOrg")

Best,

Jorge.

* Re: Pushing and pulling to google calendar
@ 2014-06-29 21:39   ` Parnell Springmeyer
From: Parnell Springmeyer @ 2014-06-29 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

MobileOrg is the best solution so far. But there's no bi-directionality,
which is annoying, the sync options in MobileOrg are pretty solid but
getting MobileOrg first setup was enormously confusing for me. I've used
dropbox and btsync to sync and they aren't bad.

I'm working on an actual product for org-mode users to solve the
multi-device synchronization and bi-directional calendar sync problem once
and for all.

--
Parnell Springmeyer
Programmer & Entrepreneur

* Re: Pushing and pulling to google calendar
@ 2014-06-30  1:32     ` Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo @ 2014-06-30  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Parnell Springmeyer <parnell@ixmat.us> writes:

> MobileOrg is the best solution so far. But there's no
> bi-directionality, which is annoying, the sync options in MobileOrg
> are pretty solid but getting MobileOrg first setup was enormously
> confusing for me. I've used dropbox and btsync to sync and they aren't
> bad.

I have been using MobileOrg in multiple computers with Dropbox for quite
a while and I do not have any complaints. I generally try to avoid
Google calendar and use it only for remainders in the Google Now App of
my phone, and to share my calendar with other people. But when I have to
create a new item in the calendar I rather use MobileOrg to create a
capture, and let it handle the synchronization just one way.

* Re: Pushing and pulling to google calendar
@ 2014-06-30 19:19       ` Doyley, Marvin
From: Doyley, Marvin @ 2014-06-30 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks,

I will try  MobileOrg.
Cheers,

* Re: Pushing and pulling to google calendar
@ 2014-06-30 19:29 ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2014-06-30 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Marvin M. Doyley writes:
> Is there a way to sync org-agenda with google calendar so that I can
> exploit googles calendar reminder.

org-caldav[1] works with Google Calendar on the old, deprecated CalDAV
endpoint (https://www.google.com/calendar/dav). I hear that the endpoint
is still working for some people, so maybe you are in luck.

Moving to the new endpoint would require OAuth authentication, which
shouldn't be hard to add using the oauth-library in ELPA, but since I
don't use Google, I'm lacking motivation...

-David

https://github.com/dengste/org-caldav

* Re: Pushing and pulling to google calendar
@ 2014-07-02 22:23   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2014-07-02 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M., emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Am I missing something if I cite
https://github.com/myuhe/org-gcal.el
which is using the v3 Google Calendar api.
Still lacks of true bidirectional sync, but that could happen.
Seems nicely written.

Fabrice

> Marvin M. Doyley writes:
> > Is there a way to sync org-agenda with google calendar so that I can
> > exploit googles calendar reminder.
>
> org-caldav[1] works with Google Calendar on the old, deprecated CalDAV
> endpoint (https://www.google.com/calendar/dav). I hear that the endpoint
> is still working for some people, so maybe you are in luck.
>
> Moving to the new endpoint would require OAuth authentication, which
> shouldn't be hard to add using the oauth-library in ELPA, but since I
> don't use Google, I'm lacking motivation...
>
> -David
>
> https://github.com/dengste/org-caldav

--
Fabrice Popineau
-----------------------------
SUPELEC
Département Informatique
3, rue Joliot Curie
91192 Gif/Yvette Cedex
Tel direct : +33 (0) 169851950
Standard : +33 (0) 169851212
------------------------------

* Re: Pushing and pulling to google calendar
@ 2015-06-13 20:19     ` rene
From: rene @ 2015-06-13 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau <at> supelec.fr> writes:

> Am I missing something if I cite https://github.com/myuhe/org-gcal.elwhich
is using the v3 Google Calendar api.
> Still lacks of true bidirectional sync, but that could happen.

Any idea about how to use this piece of code.

I can't seem to make this work.

Thanks for any help.