* remapping C-c ' to another key
@ 2014-07-29 14:50 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-07-29 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to remap ~C-c '~ to ~<menu> '~ and I'm having some
trouble. More specifically, I'm able to initiate the editing part using
a global binding to `org-edit-special', but I don't know how to bind the
same key to `org-edit-src-exit' when I'm editing a source block. As
I suspect I will also need to change the binding for other special edit
buffers, I'm wondering if there is a way to do it all at once.

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* Re: remapping C-c ' to another key
@ 2014-07-29 17:23 ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-07-29 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to remap ~C-c '~ to ~<menu> '~ and I'm having some
> trouble. More specifically, I'm able to initiate the editing part using
> a global binding to `org-edit-special', but I don't know how to bind the
> same key to `org-edit-src-exit' when I'm editing a source block. As
> I suspect I will also need to change the binding for other special edit
> buffers, I'm wondering if there is a way to do it all at once.

you are in org-mode when you call `org-edit-special', thus you could do

,----
| (org-defkey org-mode-map "KEY" `org-edit-special)
`----

then you are in some major-mode with minor-mode 'org-src-mode' active,
thus

,----
| (org-defkey org-src-mode-map "KEY" `org-edit-src-exit)
`----

should work (completely untested though ...)

--
cheers,
Thorsten

* Re: remapping C-c ' to another key
@ 2014-07-30  9:24   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-07-30  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Jolitz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2014-07-29 19:23, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to remap ~C-c '~ to ~<menu> '~ and I'm having some
>> trouble. More specifically, I'm able to initiate the editing part using
>> a global binding to `org-edit-special', but I don't know how to bind the
>> same key to `org-edit-src-exit' when I'm editing a source block. As
>> I suspect I will also need to change the binding for other special edit
>> buffers, I'm wondering if there is a way to do it all at once.
>
> you are in org-mode when you call `org-edit-special', thus you could do
>
> ,----
> | (org-defkey org-mode-map "KEY" `org-edit-special)
> `----
>

> then you are in some major-mode with minor-mode 'org-src-mode' active,
> thus
>
> ,----
> | (org-defkey org-src-mode-map "KEY" `org-edit-src-exit)
> `----
>
> should work (completely untested though ...)

It works great, thanks a lot.

A followup question: why use ` and not ' before the function name?

Alan

--

@ 2014-07-30  9:46     ` Thorsten Jolitz
From: Thorsten Jolitz @ 2014-07-30  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

Hi Alan,

> On 2014-07-29 19:23, Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to remap ~C-c '~ to ~<menu> '~ and I'm having some
>>> trouble. More specifically, I'm able to initiate the editing part using
>>> a global binding to `org-edit-special', but I don't know how to bind the
>>> same key to `org-edit-src-exit' when I'm editing a source block. As
>>> I suspect I will also need to change the binding for other special edit
>>> buffers, I'm wondering if there is a way to do it all at once.
>>
>> you are in org-mode when you call `org-edit-special', thus you could do
>>
>> ,----
>> | (org-defkey org-mode-map "KEY" `org-edit-special)
>> `----
>>

>> then you are in some major-mode with minor-mode 'org-src-mode' active,
>> thus
>>
>> ,----
>> | (org-defkey org-src-mode-map "KEY" `org-edit-src-exit)
>> `----
>>
>> should work (completely untested though ...)
>
> It works great, thanks a lot.
>
> A followup question: why use ` and not ' before the function name?

Should be a normal quote ', this is just a typo!
Although it does not hurt in this case, but anyway ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten