* Org-mode version 5.08
@ 2007-09-05  8:36 Carsten Dominik
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

Org-mode version 5.08 is available at

http://orgmode.org

Enjoy

- Carsten

Changes in Version 5.08
-----------------------

* Incompatible changes

   - The default for `org-deadline-warning-days' is now 14.

* Details

   - There is now a separate interface for fast and directly
     setting a TODO keyword.  This interface kicks in when you
     have configured keys for TODO keywords like

      #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) WAITING(w) | DONE(d) CANCELED(c)

     C-c C-t still does the cycling thing, you need to use a
     prefix argument to get to the fast interface.  Or configure
     the variable `org-use-fast-todo-selection' to t, then this
     will be the default and the prefix argument will make the
     command fall back to cycling.

     The tag selection no longer does include TODO keywords -
     Leo's arguments have convinced me that this is not a good
     idea.  If you'd like to see the TODO keywords in the tags
     interface anyway, set the variable
     `org-fast-tag-selection-include-todo'.  Thanks to Leo and
     others for input on this issue.

   - New variable `org-edit-timestamp-down-means-later'.  When
     set, `S-down' on a timestamp will change the timestamp to
     later.  Thanks to Raman for this idea.

   - Property names can now contain non-ascii word characters.
     This follows a request from Daniel Clemente.

   - For export, the date that should be given in the exported
     file can now be set to a specific value with a line like

      #+DATE: 15 November 2003

     If you want to use the date/time when the file was created,
     use a format string that will be interpreted by
     `format-time-string', for example:

      #+DATE: %Y/%m/%d %X

   - The default of `org-deadline-warning-days' has changed to 14
     days.  30 was really too much, I suspect most people (me
     included) have changed this.

   - When a deadline has an individual lead time, this lead time
     obviously overrules `org-deadline-warning-days'.  However,
     if you bind `org-deadline-warning-days' to a number <=0, for
     example during a custom agenda command, then the absolute
     value of this number will be enforced also when a different
     lead time has been specified.  This is useful to get a list
     of all deadlines coming up in the next N days.

* Re: Org-mode version 5.08
@ 2007-09-05  9:52 ` Leo
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 09:36 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Org-mode version 5.08 is available at
>
> http://orgmode.org

Compiler warnings are getting longer and longer. See:

,----
`----

,----
`----

,----

`----

--
Leo <sdl.web AT gmail.com>                (GPG Key: 9283AA3F)

      Gnus is one component of the Emacs operating system.

* Re: Re: Org-mode version 5.08
@ 2007-09-05 10:29   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 5, 2007, at 11:52, Leo wrote:

> On 2007-09-05 09:36 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Org-mode version 5.08 is available at
>>
>> http://orgmode.org
>
> Compiler warnings are getting longer and longer. See:
>
> ,----
> | In org-columns-eval:
> | org.el:14725:8:Warning: `next-line' used from Lisp code
> | That command is designed for interactive use only
> `----

This is necessary, forward-line does not do the right thing.

> ,----
> | In org-publish-org-to-html:
> | org-publish.el:461:8:Warning: function `org-publish-org-to-html'
> defined
> |     multiple times in this file
> `----

Easily cleaned up.  David?

> ,----
> | In org-mouse-show-context-menu:
> | org-mouse.el:194:24:Warning: reference to free variable
> |     `org-mouse-context-menu-function'

[...]

org-mouse.el needs to (require 'org).  Piotr?

> | In org-mouse-do-remotely:
> | org-mouse.el:972:35:Warning: reference to free variable `_cmd'
> `----

This is a variable that is dynamically scoped from a macro in Org-mode.
Piotr, you can get rid of this warning with (note that there is no
value!)

(defvar _cmd) ; from org.el

- Carsten

* Re: Org-mode version 5.08
@ 2007-09-05 14:55 ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-09-05 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik schrieb:

> Org-mode version 5.08 is available at
>
> http://orgmode.org
>
> Enjoy
>
> - Carsten
>

> Changes in Version 5.08
> -----------------------
>
> * Incompatible changes
>
>   - The default for `org-deadline-warning-days' is now 14.
>
> * Details
>
>   - There is now a separate interface for fast and directly
>     setting a TODO keyword.  This interface kicks in when you
>     have configured keys for TODO keywords like
>
>      #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) WAITING(w) | DONE(d) CANCELED(c)
>
>     C-c C-t still does the cycling thing, you need to use a
>     prefix argument to get to the fast interface.  Or configure
>     the variable `org-use-fast-todo-selection' to t, then this
>     will be the default and the prefix argument will make the
>     command fall back to cycling.
>
>     The tag selection no longer does include TODO keywords -
>     Leo's arguments have convinced me that this is not a good
>     idea.  If you'd like to see the TODO keywords in the tags
>     interface anyway, set the variable
>     `org-fast-tag-selection-include-todo'.  Thanks to Leo and
>     others for input on this issue.
>
>   - New variable `org-edit-timestamp-down-means-later'.  When
>     set, `S-down' on a timestamp will change the timestamp to
>     later.  Thanks to Raman for this idea.
>
>   - Property names can now contain non-ascii word characters.
>     This follows a request from Daniel Clemente.
>
>   - For export, the date that should be given in the exported
>     file can now be set to a specific value with a line like
>
>      #+DATE: 15 November 2003
>
>     If you want to use the date/time when the file was created,
>     use a format string that will be interpreted by
>     `format-time-string', for example:
>
>      #+DATE: %Y/%m/%d %X
>
>   - The default of `org-deadline-warning-days' has changed to 14
>     days.  30 was really too much, I suspect most people (me
>     included) have changed this.
>
>   - When a deadline has an individual lead time, this lead time
>     obviously overrules `org-deadline-warning-days'.  However,
>     if you bind `org-deadline-warning-days' to a number <=0, for
>     example during a custom agenda command, then the absolute
>     value of this number will be enforced also when a different
>     lead time has been specified.  This is useful to get a list
>     of all deadlines coming up in the next N days.

Carsten,

it look slike the PDF manual is still 5.07?

Rainer

* Re: Org-mode version 5.08
@ 2007-09-05 15:29 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 09:36 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>     The tag selection no longer does include TODO keywords -
>     Leo's arguments have convinced me that this is not a good
>     idea.  If you'd like to see the TODO keywords in the tags
>     interface anyway, set the variable
>     `org-fast-tag-selection-include-todo'.  Thanks to Leo and
>     others for input on this issue.

As this new feature of selecting todo using "C-c C-c" has not been
around for long, it should be OK to remove it completely. All in all, it
is in a development version and it looks like 'C-c C-t' should be the
recommended way.

--

@ 2007-09-05 15:47   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 5, 2007, at 16:55, Rainer Stengele wrote:
> Carsten,
>
> it look slike the PDF manual is still 5.07?
>
> Rainer

No, maybe you need to press RELOAD?

- Carsten

* Re: Re: Org-mode version 5.08
@ 2007-09-05 16:18     ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-09-05 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik schrieb:

> On Sep 5, 2007, at 16:55, Rainer Stengele wrote:
>> Carsten,
>>
>> it look slike the PDF manual is still 5.07?
>>
>> Rainer
>
> No, maybe you need to press RELOAD?
>
> - Carsten

sorry - its correct -
its always the same error under windows.
I have the pdf open and when copying the new files over the old ones the
pdf cannot be overwritten.
once again - sorry.

Rainer

[-- Attachment #2: rainer.stengele.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:Rainer Stengele
n:Stengele;Rainer
org:diplan GmbH;Administration
adr:;;Wetterkreuz 27;Erlangen;;91058;Germany
email;internet:rainer.stengele@diplan.de
title:Technical Control - Senior Administrator
tel;work:+49(0)9131 777 885
tel;fax:+49(0)9131 777 888
url:http://www.diplan.de
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: Org-mode version 5.08
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2007-09-05 20:14 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 09:36 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>   - There is now a separate interface for fast and directly
>     setting a TODO keyword.  This interface kicks in when you
>     have configured keys for TODO keywords like
>
>      #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) WAITING(w) | DONE(d) CANCELED(c)
>
>     C-c C-t still does the cycling thing, you need to use a
>     prefix argument to get to the fast interface.  Or configure
>     the variable `org-use-fast-todo-selection' to t, then this
>     will be the default and the prefix argument will make the
>     command fall back to cycling.

This does not work for todo set in org-todo-keywords.

--

@ 2007-09-05 21:43   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 5, 2007, at 22:14, Leo wrote:

> On 2007-09-05 09:36 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>   - There is now a separate interface for fast and directly
>>     setting a TODO keyword.  This interface kicks in when you
>>     have configured keys for TODO keywords like
>>
>>      #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) WAITING(w) | DONE(d) CANCELED(c)
>>
>>     C-c C-t still does the cycling thing, you need to use a
>>     prefix argument to get to the fast interface.  Or configure
>>     the variable `org-use-fast-todo-selection' to t, then this
>>     will be the default and the prefix argument will make the
>>     command fall back to cycling.
>
> This does not work for todo set in org-todo-keywords.

It does work for me, but you need to restart org-mode to get it working.
Also there is a small bug still with C-u not falling back to cycling.

- Carsten

* Re: Org-mode version 5.08
@ 2007-09-07 14:26   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-07 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 21:14 +0100, Leo wrote:
> On 2007-09-05 09:36 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>   - There is now a separate interface for fast and directly
>>     setting a TODO keyword.  This interface kicks in when you
>>     have configured keys for TODO keywords like
>

>>      #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) WAITING(w) | DONE(d) CANCELED(c)
>>
>>     C-c C-t still does the cycling thing, you need to use a
>>     prefix argument to get to the fast interface.  Or configure
>>     the variable `org-use-fast-todo-selection' to t, then this
>>     will be the default and the prefix argument will make the
>>     command fall back to cycling.
>
> This does not work for todo set in org-todo-keywords.

Comments?

--

@ 2007-09-08 13:08     ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-08 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 22:43 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> This does not work for todo set in org-todo-keywords.
>
> It does work for me, but you need to restart org-mode to get it working.
> Also there is a small bug still with C-u not falling back to cycling.

Can you share the setup?

--
Leo <sdl.web AT gmail.com>
(GPG Key: 9283AA3F)

                "(require 'cl) considered harmful" considered harmful
              http://dto.freeshell.org/blog/blog-2007-09-07-2323.html