Sorry for this hard work on this patch. And thanks for your carefully code reviewing. I have not contribute to org-mode for a long time, already forgot most guidelines. Regards Ihor Radchenko writes: > "Christopher M. Miles" writes: > >>> Also, this change should be documented in etc/NEWS and also in >>> "12.7 Images" section of the manual. >> >> Done. (the manual, you mean org-manual.org right? I found too many >> documents under doc/ folder, confused for a while....) > > I meant doc/org-manual.org > Note doc/Documentation_Standards.org for the conventions we use in the > manual. Your patch does not follow those conventions (double space > between sentences). Done > >> P.S: I merged two commits into one for clear. > > Let's not do it. They are two distinct changes and I will have > significant comments regarding subtree cycling. (I had plans to > implement cycling at point for images, and we may as well take this > chance to create some generic infrastructure for showing/hiding the > inline images). > > For now, lets sort out the ORG-IMAGE-ACTUAL-WIDTH property and get it > merges. Then, we can move ahead to the subtree cycling feature. > Ok, I will submit the first patch of new property at first. If you're going to implement this cycling inline image display feature, that's great! >> * lisp/org.el (org-display-inline-image--width): support subtree-level > ^S > >> +If you want to override global variable ~org-image-actual-width~ of >> +inline image display width, you can specify property >> +"=ORG-IMAGE-ACTUAL-WIDTH=" in subtree level. It will only affect >> +inline images under the specified subtree. > > Could you also add a paragraph describing what org-image-actual-width > does? Done in doc/org-manual.org > >> +*** New default property =ORG-IMAGE-ACTUAL-WIDTH= for overriding global ~org-image-actual-width~ > > I think that people may be confused by "default property" here. Just say > "new property". Done > >> +The subtree-level property "ORG-IMAGE-ACTUAL-WIDTH" can override the >> +global variable ~org-image-actual-width~ settings for inline images >> +width under current property specified subtree. > > It is not necessarily subtree-level. You can as well set it in > document-wide property drawer. Just say "The new property ... > overrides ...". Done