* log on state change
@ 2007-09-01  7:46 Cezar
From: Cezar @ 2007-09-01  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello list,

  I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
or the "thing" I am waiting for.
  Also is it possible to get to a state without cycling, and have
the loggining feature mentioned above ?

Rest regards,
Cezar

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-03 16:25 ` Carsten Dominik
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-03 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cezar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 1, 2007, at 9:46, Cezar wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>   I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
> for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
> or the "thing" I am waiting for.

This is currently not possible.  Are there more people who would
find this a very useful feature?

> Also is it possible to get to a state without cycling, and have
> the loggining feature mentioned above ?

Yes, since 5.07, you can mis-use the TAGS interface to directly
switch to TODO states.  Check the release notes.

- Carsten

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-03 17:34   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-03 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-03 17:25 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>   I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
>> for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
>> or the "thing" I am waiting for.
>
> This is currently not possible.  Are there more people who would
> find this a very useful feature?

I usually add a time stamp and write the reason in the text under the
heading. So I don't think this is useful.

--
Leo <sdl.web AT gmail.com>                (GPG Key: 9283AA3F)

      Gnus is one component of the Emacs operating system.

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-03 17:35   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-03 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-03 17:25 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Also is it possible to get to a state without cycling, and have
>> the loggining feature mentioned above ?
>
> Yes, since 5.07, you can mis-use the TAGS interface to directly
> switch to TODO states.  Check the release notes.

Is this temporary until a better solution is found?

--
Leo <sdl.web AT gmail.com>                (GPG Key: 9283AA3F)

      Gnus is one component of the Emacs operating system.

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-03 18:32     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-03 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 3, 2007, at 19:35, Leo wrote:

> On 2007-09-03 17:25 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>> Also is it possible to get to a state without cycling, and have
>>> the loggining feature mentioned above ?
>>
>> Yes, since 5.07, you can mis-use the TAGS interface to directly
>> switch to TODO states.  Check the release notes.
>
> Is this temporary until a better solution is found?

Not at all, I really cannot think of a better solution.
The only thing preliminary about this would be the setup
using Emacs Lisp.  I guess the in-buffer setup like

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t)....

is nice and similar to TAGS, so that will stay.

- Carsten

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-03 19:56       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-03 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-03 19:32 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>> Yes, since 5.07, you can mis-use the TAGS interface to directly
>>> switch to TODO states.  Check the release notes.
>>
>> Is this temporary until a better solution is found?
>
> Not at all, I really cannot think of a better solution.
> The only thing preliminary about this would be the setup
> using Emacs Lisp.  I guess the in-buffer setup like
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t)....
>
> is nice and similar to TAGS, so that will stay.

Using tags to setup todo looks unclean to me. However it is very nice to
be able to set up todo using an interface similar to tags.

And since the argument to org-todo has become completely useless because
of this feature. I propose the following:

    C-c C-t (`org-todo') brings up an interface similar to the one for
    org-set-tags but only for todos (C-c C-c only for tags)

    C-u C-c C-t cycle through todo states i.e. the old behavior.

    make an user option to swap C-c C-t and C-u C-c C-t i.e. C-c C-t
    cycle through todo states

    automatically shortcut for todos:
     - if it is specified by user then use it
     - otherwise, use the first letter of the name of the todos
     - if the first letter has been taken, use the subsequent
       letter
     - continue until a unique letter is found

For example,

   When `C-c C-t', a buffer shows up:

   -*- buffer -*-

   => (T)odo (W)aiting (D)elegated
      (C)ancelled (M)aybe (D)one

   -*- buffer -*-

   'C-n' and 'C-p' can move to the next/previous todo state

   The arrow indicates the current state.

   Only shortcut in the row indicated by the 'arrow' is in effect thus
   allows (D)one to (D)elegated to co-exist.

Some of the points might be also helpful for tags.

HTH,
--

@ 2007-09-04  1:00   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-09-04  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, cezar

   On Sep 1, 2007, at 9:46, Cezar wrote:

   > Hello list,
   >
   >   I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
   > for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
   > or the "thing" I am waiting for.

   This is currently not possible.  Are there more people who would
   find this a very useful feature?

I, for sure. There are clearly STATES where I do not think
entering log informations would be usefull. What would be even
cooler would be to have C-u M-TAB not asking for a log state.

Regards,

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-04  1:00     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-09-04  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

   On 2007-09-03 17:25 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
   >>   I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
   >> for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
   >> or the "thing" I am waiting for.
   >
   > This is currently not possible.  Are there more people who would
   > find this a very useful feature?

   I usually add a time stamp and write the reason in the text under the
   heading. So I don't think this is useful.

I also act like this 80% of the time. *But* (yes there is a
*but*), I sometimes do not need to enter anything but just change
the state. So for this reason, I think this could be usefull not
to be asked (This is why I proposed to add a universal prefix to
cycling state for this).

Regards,

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-04 16:43         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-04 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Using tags to setup todo looks unclean to me. However it is very nice to
> be able to set up todo using an interface similar to tags.
>
> And since the argument to org-todo has become completely useless because
> of this feature. I propose the following:
>
>     C-c C-t (`org-todo') brings up an interface similar to the one for
>     org-set-tags but only for todos (C-c C-c only for tags)

I wish we could stick to the yes-very-busy C-c C-c key for setting both
TODOs and tags.

Here is another suggestion: why not restrict the fast selection to TODO
keywords when the point is at TODO keywords, and to tags when the point
is on tags?

This would make C-c C-c even more context-aware, but I guess this is
what most users expect from it. And since the current behavior is okay,
I guess this new contextual behavior should be set through an option,
defaulting to nil.

Another argument to let C-c C-t continue its job is that it is able to
distinguish between "sequence" TODOs and "type" TODOs. This is extremely
useful -- especially when C-c C-t is bound to `org-agenda-todo' and you
don't remember whether the expected TODO keywords for a headline are
part of a sequence or are types.

Bastien

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-05  3:28         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 3, 2007, at 21:56, Leo wrote:

>>> Is this temporary until a better solution is found?
>>
>> Not at all, I really cannot think of a better solution.
>> The only thing preliminary about this would be the setup
>> using Emacs Lisp.  I guess the in-buffer setup like
>>
>> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t)....
>>
>> is nice and similar to TAGS, so that will stay.
>
> Using tags to setup todo looks unclean to me. However it is very nice
> be able to set up todo using an interface similar to tags.

Yes, it is not very clean, agreed.  Even if you *could* view TODO
keywords as special,  privileged tag.

> And since the argument to org-todo has become completely useless
> because
> of this feature. I propose the following:
>
>     C-c C-t (`org-todo') brings up an interface similar to the one for
>     org-set-tags but only for todos (C-c C-c only for tags)

Hm, yes, this might indeed be cleaner.

>     C-u C-c C-t cycle through todo states i.e. the old behavior.

And don't forget that we also have S-right doing cycling.

>     make an user option to swap C-c C-t and C-u C-c C-t i.e. C-c C-t
>     cycle through todo states
>
>     automatically shortcut for todos:
>      - if it is specified by user then use it
>      - otherwise, use the first letter of the name of the todos
>      - if the first letter has been taken, use the subsequent
>        letter
>      - continue until a unique letter is found

That mechanism already exists for tags, easy to re-use it.

> For example,
>
>    When `C-c C-t', a buffer shows up:
>
>    -*- buffer -*-
>
>    => (T)odo (W)aiting (D)elegated
>       (C)ancelled (M)aybe (D)one
>
>    -*- buffer -*-
>
>    'C-n' and 'C-p' can move to the next/previous todo state
>
>    The arrow indicates the current state.

I don't think it is even necessary, to mark the current state.
This is important for tags because of inheritance, and because you
can change several tags with a single call to C-c C-c.  For for a single
TODO state change?

>    Only shortcut in the row indicated by the 'arrow' is in effect thus
>    allows (D)one to (D)elegated to co-exist.

Well, I think allowing the same letter to mean different things will
be confusing and will make this special interface less effective.

> Some of the points might be also helpful for tags.

I can't really see which ones, the TAG interface does all this.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-05  3:32           ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 4, 2007, at 18:43, Bastien wrote:

> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Using tags to setup todo looks unclean to me. However it is very nice
>> be able to set up todo using an interface similar to tags.
>>
>> And since the argument to org-todo has become completely useless
>> because
>> of this feature. I propose the following:
>>
>>     C-c C-t (`org-todo') brings up an interface similar to the one for
>>     org-set-tags but only for todos (C-c C-c only for tags)
>
> I wish we could stick to the yes-very-busy C-c C-c key for setting both
> TODOs and tags.

I am no longer sure this is a good idea, if at all this will be
optional.

> Here is another suggestion: why not restrict the fast selection to TODO
> keywords when the point is at TODO keywords, and to tags when the point
> is on tags?

Definitely a NO.  Who would want to move the cursor before setting
tags???

> Another argument to let C-c C-t continue its job is that it is able to
> distinguish between "sequence" TODOs and "type" TODOs. This is
> extremely
> useful -- especially when C-c C-t is bound to `org-agenda-todo' and you
> don't remember whether the expected TODO keywords for a headline are
> part of a sequence or are types.

Interesting to know that you are using this distinction.  I was
wondering
if anybody did.

- Carsten

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-05  5:06             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-05  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>> Here is another suggestion: why not restrict the fast selection to TODO
>> keywords when the point is at TODO keywords, and to tags when the point
>> is on tags?
>
> Definitely a NO. Who would want to move the cursor before setting
> tags???

I meant: "... restrict the fast selection to tags otherwise (when the
point is *not* on a TODO keyword)".

Since C-a either jumps at the beginning of line or at the beginning of
the heading (not at TODO keywords), being on a TODO keywords requires an
intentional move, and I thought the cost of this intentional move would
protect the (more) expected C-c C-c behavior (i.e. fast tags selection).

Anyway, I can see there is too much clouds and speculation here!

--
Bastien

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-05 10:06           ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 04:28 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>     make an user option to swap C-c C-t and C-u C-c C-t i.e. C-c C-t
>>     cycle through todo states
>>
>>     automatically shortcut for todos:
>>      - if it is specified by user then use it
>>      - otherwise, use the first letter of the name of the todos
>>      - if the first letter has been taken, use the subsequent
>>        letter
>>      - continue until a unique letter is found
>
> That mechanism already exists for tags, easy to re-use it.

I have yet to see such a feature in org.

I don't want to manually define shortcuts for each keywords, instead I
want org to do that automatically for me. Is there a hidden option to
enable that feature?

--

@ 2007-09-05 10:23             ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You need to define at least one shortcut, Org-mode will assign the rest.
Granted, the algorithm could be a lot better, but it does it.

- Carsten

@ 2007-09-05 15:16             ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 04:32 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Here is another suggestion: why not restrict the fast selection to TODO
>> keywords when the point is at TODO keywords, and to tags when the point
>> is on tags?
>
> Definitely a NO.  Who would want to move the cursor before setting
> tags???

I also feel the same way as Carsten.

--

@ 2007-09-05 15:21           ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 04:28 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>    'C-n' and 'C-p' can move to the next/previous todo state
>>
>>    The arrow indicates the current state.
>
> I don't think it is even necessary, to mark the current state.
> This is important for tags because of inheritance, and because you
> can change several tags with a single call to C-c C-c.  For for a single
> TODO state change?

I can live with this.

>>    Only shortcut in the row indicated by the 'arrow' is in effect
>>thus allows (D)one to (D)elegated to co-exist.
>
> Well, I think allowing the same letter to mean different things will
> be confusing and will make this special interface less effective.

Fine for now.

>> Some of the points might be also helpful for tags.
>
> I can't really see which ones, the TAG interface does all this.

I was not aware of some features of tags.

Thanks for implementing this in org!

--

@ 2007-09-05 15:23               ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 11:23 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> You need to define at least one shortcut, Org-mode will assign the rest.
> Granted, the algorithm could be a lot better, but it does it.
>
> - Carsten

Can we remove the 'at least one shortcut' limitation?

--

@ 2007-09-05 15:43                 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yes

(setg org-use-fast-tag-selection t)

- Carsten

@ 2007-09-05 20:13                   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 16:43 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Yes
>
> (setg org-use-fast-tag-selection t)
>
> - Carsten

But this is only tags. Is there a similar one to todo? I haven't found
it though.

--

@ 2007-09-05 21:43                     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 5, 2007, at 22:13, Leo wrote:

> On 2007-09-05 16:43 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Yes
>>
>> (setg org-use-fast-tag-selection t)
>>
>> - Carsten
>
> But this is only tags.

Yes, I was talking about tags all the time.

> Is there a similar one to todo? I haven't found
> it though.

There is org-use-fast-todo-selection, but setting it to t does not yet
really force letters for all keywords, you still need to have configured
at least one key.  This is a-symmetric and will be fixed.

One reason why automatic key assignment currently sucks is because the
algorithm
is relatively stupid.  Needs to be improved.

- Carsten

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-05 22:00                       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-05 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-09-05 22:43 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Is there a similar one to todo? I haven't found
>> it though.
>
> There is org-use-fast-todo-selection, but setting it to t does not yet
> really force letters for all keywords, you still need to have configured
> at least one key.  This is a-symmetric and will be fixed.
>
> One reason why automatic key assignment currently sucks is because
> the algorithm
> is relatively stupid.  Needs to be improved.

i see ;)

--

@ 2007-09-14 15:56 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-14 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cezar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 1, 2007, at 9:46, Cezar wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>   I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
> for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
> or the "thing" I am waiting for.

This will be possible in the next version with

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO WAITING(@) | DONE
#+STARTUP: lognotestate

- Carsten

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-14 17:56   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-09-14 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> On Sep 1, 2007, at 9:46, Cezar wrote:
>>
>>   I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
>> for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
>> or the "thing" I am waiting for.
>
> This will be possible in the next version with
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO WAITING(@) | DONE
> #+STARTUP: lognotestate

Won't that conflict with org-use-fast-todo-selection for changing state?

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) INVOICE(i) | DONE(d) DEFERRED(p) CANCELLED(c)

Is there a way to specify both?

-Bernt

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-14 19:38     ` Carsten Dominik
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-14 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 14, 2007, at 19:56, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> On Sep 1, 2007, at 9:46, Cezar wrote:
>>>
>>>   I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
>>> for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
>>> or the "thing" I am waiting for.
>>
>> This will be possible in the next version with
>>
>> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO WAITING(@) | DONE
>> #+STARTUP: lognotestate
>
> Won't that conflict with org-use-fast-todo-selection for changing
> state?
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) INVOICE(i) | DONE(d)
> DEFERRED(p) CANCELLED(c)
>
> Is there a way to specify both?

Yes.

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w@) APPT(a) INVOICE(i@) |
DONE(d) DEFERRED(p@) CANCELLED(c@)

The only restriction is that you no longer can use "@" as a
selection character for fast TODO selection.

- Carsten

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-14 19:44       ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-09-14 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> On Sep 14, 2007, at 19:56, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>>> This will be possible in the next version with
>>>
>>> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO WAITING(@) | DONE
>>> #+STARTUP: lognotestate
>>
>> Won't that conflict with org-use-fast-todo-selection for changing
>> state?
>>
>> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) INVOICE(i) |
>> DONE(d) DEFERRED(p) CANCELLED(c)
>>
>> Is there a way to specify both?
>
> Yes.
>
> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w@) APPT(a) INVOICE(i@) |
> DONE(d) DEFERRED(p@) CANCELLED(c@)
>
> The only restriction is that you no longer can use "@" as a
> selection character for fast TODO selection.

Great!  Thanks!  :)

-Bernt

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-16 10:03       ` Cezar
From: Cezar @ 2007-09-16 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>>> This will be possible in the next version with
>>>
>>> #+SEQ_TODO: TODO WAITING(@) | DONE
>>> #+STARTUP: lognotestate

Which version would that be ?I am using 5.09 and it's not yet working.

Best regards,
Cezar

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-16 12:31         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-16 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:

> Which version would that be ?I am using 5.09 and it's not yet working.

Working here with Org 5.09.

Maybe you forgot to compile and load the latest org.el file?
Or maybe you forgot to update the buffer with C-cC-c?

--
Bastien

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-16 18:08           ` Cezar
From: Cezar @ 2007-09-16 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

>> Which version would that be ?I am using 5.09 and it's not yet working.
>
> Working here with Org 5.09.
>
> Maybe you forgot to compile and load the latest org.el file?
> Or maybe you forgot to update the buffer with C-cC-c?

Forgot to load the 5.09 version, I was still using the old one, sorry !

It's working great.

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-16 21:53             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-16 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:

> Forgot to load the 5.09 version, I was still using the old one,
> sorry ! It's working great.

And I like this feature very much!

I stopped using the lognotestate option because it populated my buffer
with too many notes, certainly because I had too many states to go
through. But now I restricted the logging like this:

#+STARTUP:   lognotestate
#+SEQ_TODO:  TODO(t) NEXT(n) INPROGRESS(i) SOMEDAY(s)  \
             WAITING(w@) | DONE(d) CANCELED(c@)

WAITING and CANCELED are the only two states where I need to keep a
note. Great stuff.

--
Bastien

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-17 17:04               ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-17 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 16, 2007, at 23:53, Bastien wrote:

> Cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:
>
>> Forgot to load the 5.09 version, I was still using the old one,
>> sorry ! It's working great.
>
> And I like this feature very much!
>
> I stopped using the lognotestate option because it populated my buffer
> with too many notes, certainly because I had too many states to go
> through.

Another (maybe undocumented) new feature is that if you exit the
note buffer with C-u C-c C-c, the note will be canceled and not even a
time stamp recorded.

- Carsten

--

@ 2007-09-18  1:00   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-09-18  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, cezar

   >   I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
   > for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
   > or the "thing" I am waiting for.

   This will be possible in the next version

Nice ! I am also waiting for this feature.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-18  1:00       ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-09-18  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: bernt, emacs-orgmode

Hi,

   The only restriction is that you no longer can use "@" as a
   selection character for fast TODO selection.

This seems perfectly acceptable to me. Just a question though:
what will happen if a user type '@' in the fast todo selection ?
Will it bug at us ?

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-18  1:00                 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-09-18  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

   On Sep 16, 2007, at 23:53, Bastien wrote:

   > Cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:
   >
   >> Forgot to load the 5.09 version, I was still using the old one,
   >> sorry ! It's working great.
   >
   > And I like this feature very much!
   >
   > I stopped using the lognotestate option because it populated my buffer
   > with too many notes, certainly because I had too many states to go
   > through.

   Another (maybe undocumented) new feature is that if you exit the
   note buffer with C-u C-c C-c, the note will be canceled and not even a
   time stamp recorded.

Pretty useful if one does not want to "customize" his states.

Great job.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: log on state change
@ 2007-09-21 13:16                 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-09-21 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> On Sep 16, 2007, at 23:53, Bastien wrote:
>
>> Cezar <cezar@mixandgo.ro> writes:
>>
>>> Forgot to load the 5.09 version, I was still using the old one,
>>> sorry ! It's working great.
>>
>> And I like this feature very much!
>>
>> I stopped using the lognotestate option because it populated my buffer
>> with too many notes, certainly because I had too many states to go
>> through.
>

> Another (maybe undocumented) new feature is that if you exit the
> note buffer with C-u C-c C-c, the note will be canceled and not even a
> time stamp recorded.

Thanks!  I wasn't aware of this and it works great.  Now I'm using it
all the time :)

Bernt