From: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org>
To: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: ocaml babel no longer works?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:40:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte writes:

>> The suggestion: instead of appending '"org-babel-ocaml-eoe";;' to the
>> code, how simply put ';;' (which will make sure everything is flushed)
>> then detect the toplevel is done by seeing the string '# ' at the
>> beginning of the line? Would there be an issue with the fact that this
>> line does not have a newline? If so, an alternative suggestion would be
>> to use the longer ';; "org-babel-ocaml-eoe";;' which makes sure the
>> phrase in the input won't interact with the marker.
>>

> You can customize the `org-babel-ocaml-eoe-output' and
> `org-babel-ocaml-eoe-indicator' variables so that they match the above.
> If this proves generally useful then I'd be happy to admit this change
> to the core.

I'll have a look at it (as soon as my European grant deadline as
passed). The one thing I don't know about org-babel-comint-with-output
is the following: what does it do with the last line if it does not have
a carriage return? (After running a command, the toplevel outputs '# '
with no carriage return. Will it be part of the returned string?)

> I hope these pointers are useful.

They definitely are. As ocaml is not only my language of choice but one
I have the chance of teaching, I'll clearly look into this.

Thanks again,

Alan