* odt export of subtree: set/suppress the date in the export
@ 2014-11-03 20:35 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2014-11-03 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

 Emacs version: GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
 Org version: Org-mode version 7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @ c:/ProgramFiles/emacs-24.3/lisp/org/)

I use org to take notes in meetings.

When I make an ODT export of the subtree for the meeting minutes, I
would like the date in the ODT document to be the date of the meeting
and not the date when I'm making the export.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

* Re: odt export of subtree: set/suppress the date in the export
@ 2014-11-03 21:26 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2014-11-03 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steinar Bang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Does setting the subtree's :EXPORT_DATE: property to the date of the
meeting do what you're looking for?

Yours,
Christian

@ 2014-11-08 15:52   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2014-11-08 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Does setting the subtree's :EXPORT_DATE: property to the date of the
> meeting do what you're looking for?

Nope.  Still outputs the date of the export.

And since writing the posting I've discovered another annoying property
of the date: it will switch to the current date at any time of saving of
the odt document (eg. when doing a "Save as PDF").

So I think what I want is to zap that date stamp alltogether, to save me
from having to delete it in the odt file before creating a PDF from it.

* Re: odt export of subtree: set/suppress the date in the export
@ 2014-11-09  7:28     ` CM
From: CM @ 2014-11-09  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steinar Bang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I cannot reproduce either problem, though I seem to remember some
difficulty with changing date fields in the past. What Org version are
you using?

You can turn the use of date fields in LibreOffice on or off with
org-odt-use-date-fields. With date fields set to t:

- Setting :EXPORT_DATE: in the subtree and exporting the subtree results
  in an ODT export with that date in the header, not today's date.

- Inspecting the date field shows that the date is "fixed". (In
  LibreOffice, right-click the date and select "Fields" from the popup
  menu.)

- Indeed, the date remains unchanged when I do "Update all" or export
  to PDF from LibreOffice does indeed keep the same date.

Yours,
Christian

@ 2014-11-09 19:04       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2014-11-09 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I cannot reproduce either problem, though I seem to remember some
> difficulty with changing date fields in the past. What Org version are
> you using?

Um... a heap of different versions it looks like, on the systems I use
regularily, some from ELPA (one of the ELPA archives), some from org
git, and the version delivered with emacs 24.3.

Right now I'm on a debian box using git org, and I've done
 make clean
 git pull
 make
and started a fresh emacs.

And here I see a different behaviour

> You can turn the use of date fields in LibreOffice on or off with
> org-odt-use-date-fields. With date fields set to t:

Hm... 'C-h v org-odt-use-date-fields RET' says:
 org-odt-use-date-fields is a variable defined in `ox-odt.el'.
 Its value is nil

> - Setting :EXPORT_DATE: in the subtree and exporting the subtree results
>   in an ODT export with that date in the header, not today's date.

> - Inspecting the date field shows that the date is "fixed". (In
>   LibreOffice, right-click the date and select "Fields" from the popup
>   menu.)

> - Indeed, the date remains unchanged when I do "Update all" or export
>   to PDF from LibreOffice does indeed keep the same date.

Hm... I may play around with these settings, but for now I'm happy with
the default behaviour (no date stamp).

I'll go to git org on all of my emacsen.

Thanks!