On 2014-11-30 16:47, Alan Schmitt writes: > Hello, > > I'm experimenting with using frames instead of windows, and I'm seeing > some strange behavior with `org-read-date'. Here is an ECM starting from > an emacs -Q (with an emacs 24.4 and the bundled org): > > #+begin_src emacs-lisp > (setq pop-up-frames t) > (setq frame-auto-hide-function 'delete-frame) > > (require 'org) > (org-read-date) > #+end_src > > When evaluating the `org-read-date' function, a new frame opens (great) > with two windows, the bottom one being the calendar window. > > Question 1: is it possible just to have the calendar window in the new > frame? > > When I select a date, I see the selected date echoed in the minibuffer > (the function has returned a value), but the frame and the two windows > stay there, and I have to manually delete the frame to get back where > I was. > > Question 2: is there a way to delete this frame when I'm done selecting > the date? As a follow-up, I discussed this with a friend who understand emacs-lisp much better than I do. Here is what he said about `org-read-date': > It uses (save-excursion (save-window-excursion...)), but that > does not save the selected frame (save which frame was selected). > Also, it does not remove frame *Calendar* because it uses only > (bury-buffer "*Calendar*"). It should perhaps use something > like `frame-auto-hide-function' as well. I can start looking into this. Would a patch around these issues be considered? Thanks, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7