* newline before headline
@ 2009-03-28 20:03 Eraldo Helal
From: Eraldo Helal @ 2009-03-28 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode

I just found out that there is a newline before each headline in the recent
version of org-mode (6.24).

Is there a post explaining why this change was made?

I have troubles with that, for example:

when adding a new headline while looking at the overview...
the newline does not get made...
and therefore all the following will not have it until one changes the
behavior by making one before creating a new one again.

* Re: newline before headline
@ 2009-03-28 23:54 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-03-28 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eraldo Helal; +Cc: Org-Mode

Eraldo Helal <office@eraldo.at> writes:

> I just found out that there is a newline before each headline in the recent version of org-mode (6.24).
>
> Is there a post explaining why this change was made?
>
> I have troubles with that, for example:
>
> when adding a new headline while looking at the overview...
> the newline does not get made...
> and therefore all the following will not have it until one changes the behavior by making one before creating a new one
> again.

(as explained on IRC) you need to customize the
org-blank-before-new-entry variable to change this behaviour.

-Bernt

* Re: Re: newline before headline
@ 2009-03-29  0:32   ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-03-29  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Eraldo Helal, Org-Mode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Eraldo Helal <office@eraldo.at> writes:
>
>> I just found out that there is a newline before each headline in the recent version of org-mode (6.24).
>>
>> Is there a post explaining why this change was made?
>>
>> I have troubles with that, for example:
>>
>> when adding a new headline while looking at the overview...
>> the newline does not get made...
>> and therefore all the following will not have it until one changes the behavior by making one before creating a new one
>> again.
>
> (as explained on IRC) you need to customize the
> org-blank-before-new-entry variable to change this behaviour.

See also the FAQ that addresses this:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#blank-line-after-headlines-and-list-items

- Matt

* Re: Re: newline before headline