Aaron Ecay writes: > Hello, > > Thanks Rainer for this patch, and thanks Chuck for the discussion. It > appears that “use utils::read.table” is the official advice from > devtools’s maintainer: > https://github.com/hadley/devtools/issues/336#issuecomment-23517837. > > I’ve pushed the patch to the master branch. Thanks. > I reworded the commit message slightly. I also moved the note about > utils:: from a docstring to a comment in the ob-R.el file. This is > based on a feeling that it’s an implementation detail that is less > useful for elisp programmers (primary consumers of docstrings), but > necessary for anyone working on ob-R’s internals (who will read the > file itself). I agree with this, but as an R programmer, I would rather read the docstring via C-h v then read in the elisp code (more likely for the elisp programmer). But Anyway - anybody who is likely to modify this variable, likely knows what utils::read.table() means - so no objections. But wait - I think I get your point now. You are right - the source code may be the better place for this comment. Cheers, Rainer > > Thanks again, -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982