* org-ref: xxx-add-bibtex-entry with an org-capture like interface
@ 2020-04-09 19:27 Daniele Nicolodi
From: Daniele Nicolodi @ 2020-04-09 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin, emacs-orgmode

Hello John,

sorry for the cryptic subject but I was unable to come up with something
better.  I am revamping my workflow to take notes about articles I read
or that I save to be read later and I decided to explore if org-ref and
the related utility packages fit what I would like to be able to do.

org-ref offers quite a few very useful facilities, however, I would like
an interface to add new entries to the bibliography more similar to
org-capture: I would like to have a command that asks for an identifier
(for example a URL, a DOI, an arXiv id) and pops up a buffer with a
populated bibtex entry that can be verified and amended before being
appended to a bibtex file (for example add some keywords).

I think most of the building blocks are there, but before starting to
hack something together myself I wanted to check if this functionality
is already there and I missed it, and if it would be interesting to add
it to the functionality shipped with org-ref. Of course, any hint on how
to implement this effectively is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Dan