Ihor Radchenko writes: > "Christopher M. Miles" writes: > >> I'm using package "consult" which has command "consult-org-heading" to search org headlines. It will >> auto jump to the selected headline and expand the jumped headline. After using org-fold, it does not >> auto jump to the headline now. >> >> The previous discussion here as reference https://github.com/minad/consult/issues/563. >> >> As @minad mentioned we need to wait for org-fold provide an official API to reveal content. Hope >> this can be added to org-fold plan. > > I reviewed the available API and realized that Org actually does provide > sufficient functionality to reveal search matches temporarily. (there > was a bug in that area, but I already fixed it) > > The basic idea is demonstrated in a simple function below: > > (defun test (pos) > (interactive "nEnter point to be revealed: ") > (read-char "Revealing point temporarily. Press any key...") > (save-excursion > (org-fold-save-outline-visibility nil > (goto-char pos) > (org-fold-show-set-visibility 'local) > (read-char "About to restore the previous fold state. Press any key..."))) > (read-char "Now, reveal the point permanently. Press any key...") > (goto-char pos) > (org-fold-show-set-visibility 'local)) > > Hope it helps. > > Best, > Ihor Interesting, I tested and confirmed this works good. Thanks for demonstrating. I will figure out consult-org-heading command part. -- [ stardiviner ] I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express. Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/ IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3