From: Andrew Hyatt <ahyatt@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Agenda clocktable & archive issue
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 14:59:59 -0400	[thread overview]

I've noticed that in the agenda, the clocktable report (from the "R"
key), does not include archive files, even when I have set clocktables
to do so in my init-file:

(plist-put org-clocktable-defaults :scope 'agenda-with-archives)

First of all, I think it makes more logical sense to include archives,
since there isn't anything about archiving that means the times that the
items are worked on are no longer important for reports.

But, even if that's not the case, it should be that the user can change
this, but right now it's all hardcoded in the org-agenda-list function.
The reason it doesn't is because in org-dblock-write:clocktable, the
plists are combined with the params taking precedence, which probably
doesn't make sense. In this case, the params are the defaults, and
org-clocktable-defaults are the things I can modify, so it seems like
org-clocktable-defaults should take preference.

I'm happy to send a patch to fix this, but not sure what the best
solution here.  My guess is that the safest fix is to make another
variable for whether the report should include archives or not.  But I
suspect the best fix is to make the org-clocktable-defaults take
precedence.

Is my understanding of this correct?  Any thoughts on what should be
done here?