From: John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Display in minibuffer link under point
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 11:53:06 -0400	[thread overview]

org-ref doesn't do anything fancy here, it just runs an idle timer:

https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/master/org-ref-core.el#L597

that runs a function defined at
https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/master/org-ref-core.el#L3633

that function is kind of long because it computes the message, and only
in specific contexts.