* How can I continue my code listing in Beamer slides?
@ 2014-02-26 15:48 etimecowboy
From: etimecowboy @ 2014-02-26 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

I have a question about beamer export in org.

I have some code to be put in my slides. The problem is that one slide
(or one column block) does not have enough space for it. How can I split
it into two slides or several column blocks? Please help me with it.

etimecowboy

* Re: How can I continue my code listing in Beamer slides?
@ 2014-02-27  7:10 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-02-27  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: etimecowboy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

etimecowboy <etimecowboy@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a question about beamer export in org.
>
> I have some code to be put in my slides. The problem is that one slide
> (or one column block) does not have enough space for it. How can I split
> it into two slides or several column blocks? Please help me with it.
>
> etimecowboy

This is what I recently did to have the result of an evaluation (a
fancy verbatim block) on two slides:

#+latex_header: \usepackage{multicol}

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\begin{multicols}{2}
#+END_LaTeX

#+results: huffman_res

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\end{multicols}
#+END_LaTeX

Hope this helps,

Alan

* Re: How can I continue my code listing in Beamer slides?
@ 2014-02-27 10:37   ` etimecowboy
From: etimecowboy @ 2014-02-27 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear Alan,

Thanks for your reply.

Your solution works on the results part, but makes my source code part
unprocessed by listing package. I mean there are no syntax highlights
for the source code.

Is there any solution for it?

Cheers,
etimecowboy

@ 2014-02-27 10:45   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-02-27 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Alan,

Alan Schmitt wrote:
> This is what I recently did to have the result of an evaluation (a
> fancy verbatim block) on two slides:
>
> #+latex_header: \usepackage{multicol}
>
> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
> \begin{multicols}{2}
> #+END_LaTeX
>
> #+results: huffman_res
>
> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
> \end{multicols}
> #+END_LaTeX

Nitpicking (just wondering): why don't you use

  #+LaTeX: \begin{multicols}{2}

instead of

  #+BEGIN_LaTeX
  \begin{multicols}{2}
  #+END_LaTeX

?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: How can I continue my code listing in Beamer slides?
@ 2014-02-27 10:59     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-02-27 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: etimecowboy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

etimecowboy <etimecowboy@gmail.com> writes:

> Your solution works on the results part, but makes my source code part
> unprocessed by listing package. I mean there are no syntax highlights
> for the source code.

I don't know. A first step would be to find out how to do a multicolumn
listing in LaTeX using the listings package. Then you can try to get
this output from org.

Alan

* Re: How can I continue my code listing in Beamer slides?
@ 2014-02-27 11:02       ` etimecowboy
From: etimecowboy @ 2014-02-27 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yes you are right. It is a problem of listing package other than org.

etimecowboy

@ 2014-02-27 11:14     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-02-27 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sébastien,

"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com> writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Alan Schmitt wrote:
>> This is what I recently did to have the result of an evaluation (a
>> fancy verbatim block) on two slides:
>>
>> #+latex_header: \usepackage{multicol}
>>
>> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
>> \begin{multicols}{2}
>> #+END_LaTeX
>>
>> #+results: huffman_res
>>
>> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
>> \end{multicols}
>> #+END_LaTeX
>
> Nitpicking (just wondering): why don't you use
>
>   #+LaTeX: \begin{multicols}{2}
>
> instead of
>
>   #+BEGIN_LaTeX
>   \begin{multicols}{2}
>   #+END_LaTeX
>
> ?

Because there is so much I still have to learn ... Thank you for the
suggestion, it's much better!

Alan

* Re: How can I continue my code listing in Beamer slides?
@ 2014-03-07 16:34 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-03-07 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: etimecowboy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

etimecowboy <etimecowboy@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a question about beamer export in org.
>
> I have some code to be put in my slides. The problem is that one slide
> (or one column block) does not have enough space for it. How can I
> split it into two slides or several column blocks? Please help me with
> it.
>
> etimecowboy

I use the ~allowframebreaks~ option in beamer:

#+begin_src org
  ,** Octave program
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_opt: allowframebreaks,label=
  :END:

  ,#+begin_src octave :exports code :results none
    ## a long segment of code goes here
  ,#+end_src
#+end_src

and this works like a charm without any need for columns or direct LaTeX
code.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.1, Org release_8.2.5h-660-gef207f