From: Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>
To: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: image attributes in ODT export for wrapped text possible?
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 15:04:18 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

Yes, it's possible, though if you're only going to wrap a single image
in the final output, it's very likely easier to just open the document
in LibreOffice, right-click the image and take it from there.

Anyway, here's one way to do it by creating a custom style. (If it's
possible to pass wrap settings directly, I don't know how.)

Exported images are contained in frames, and it's the wrap settings of
the surrounding frame that matters. Luckily, ODT supports frame styles,
so you just have to create a styles file with an extra frame style for
the wrapping you want. This is easier than it sounds, though see the
manual 12.9.4, "Applying custom styles" for useful tips on how to do it
right.

So: export a sample ODT document with the images you want. Open it in
OpenOffice/LibreOffice. Open the "Styles and Formatting" window, go to
the "Frames" tab.

If your image has a caption, it will be wrapped in two frames, with the
outer one styled "OrgImageCaptionFrame". Right-click this style and
choose "New" to add a derived style. A window opens. Under the
"Organizer" tab, change the new style's name from "Untitled1" to
e.g. "OrgImageCaptionFrameWrapped". Under the "Wrap" tab, choose the
wrap settings you want.

Exported images *without* captions are contained in a single frame with
the style "OrgDisplayImage". To wrap such images too, you may want to
create a "OrgDisplayImageWrapped" style, following the same steps as
above. Customize any existing styles you like while you're at it.

Now save the ODT document as your styles file,
e.g. "/path/MyStyles.odt".

Back in your org document, set:

#+ODT_STYLES_FILE: "/path/MyStyles.odt"

[...]

Let me know if this works for you. (If not, though, I may not be able to
help -- I'll be offline for a few days.)

Yours,
Christian