Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Rainer M Krug writes: > >> Right - that works. But Why do the others have B_ names, while this >> environment has BMCOL? > > "BMCOL" is a terrible name. However, it is not an environment per se > since it controls both "columns" and "column" environments. To quote from the Beamer Manual (emphasis added): 12.7 Splitting a Frame into Multiple Columns: ,---- | The *main environment for creating columns* is called columns. Inside | this environment, you can either place several *column environments*, | each of which creates a new column, or use the \column command to | create new columns. `---- But I think you are referring to BMCOL. This adds the :BEAMER_col: property, which is converted on export to the column environment with the given width, i.e. the same as B_column plus the width in PROPERTIES. As far as I see, it does nothing with the columns (B_columns) environment - or am I missing something here? > > There is a use-case for handling "columns" independently on "BMCOL" > (i.e., add specific options to the environment). I'm not so sure about > "column". There might be the same reason. I don't think one can use B_columns without specifying the width in :PROPERTIES: and nothing stops me to add additional PROPERTIES in the BMCOL property. Rainer > > Regards, -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982