* org-read-date with pop-up-frames set to t
@ 2014-11-30 15:47 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2014-11-30 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm experimenting with using frames instead of windows, and I'm seeing
some strange behavior with `org-read-date'. Here is an ECM starting from
an emacs -Q (with an emacs 24.4 and the bundled org):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq pop-up-frames t)
(setq frame-auto-hide-function 'delete-frame)

(require 'org)
(org-read-date)
#+end_src

When evaluating the `org-read-date' function, a new frame opens (great)
with two windows, the bottom one being the calendar window.

Question 1: is it possible just to have the calendar window in the new
frame?

When I select a date, I see the selected date echoed in the minibuffer
(the function has returned a value), but the frame and the two windows
stay there, and I have to manually delete the frame to get back where
I was.

Question 2: is there a way to delete this frame when I'm done selecting
the date?

Thanks,

Alan

--