* org-publish math support
@ 2006-06-21  0:01 Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-06-21  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Would it be possible to make org-publish support math formulas? For
example we could use tex to type the formulas and latex2png to convert
to image when export to html as wikipedia does.

There are so few apps for taking scientific notes. And this feature
will be extremely useful to academic people.

Leon

* Re: org-publish math support
@ 2006-06-21 10:01 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-06-21 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leon; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I agree that this would be very nice to have.  I guess you could
even run cdlatex-mode as a minor mode under Org-mode to help
inserting equations quickly and easily.

I will look into this, but chances are that this will happen
only after the summer.

- Carsten

On Jun 21, 2006, at 2:01, Leon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Would it be possible to make org-publish support math formulas? For
> example we could use tex to type the formulas and latex2png to convert
> to image when export to html as wikipedia does.
>
> There are so few apps for taking scientific notes. And this feature
> will be extremely useful to academic people.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Leon

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: org-publish math support
@ 2006-06-21 11:41   ` Leon
From: Leon @ 2006-06-21 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> I agree that this would be very nice to have.  I guess you could
> even run cdlatex-mode as a minor mode under Org-mode to help
> inserting equations quickly and easily.
>
> I will look into this, but chances are that this will happen
> only after the summer.
>
> - Carsten

Thanks Carsten. Look forward to this.

--