* Worg migration complete
@ 2011-12-01 18:02 Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-12-01 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Worg contributors,

The Worg git repository migration to the org server is complete.  To
contribute, you'll need to send your public SSH key to Bastien or I.
Then, once you receive confirmation that the key has been added, edit
your worg/.git/config file and set the remote URL to
worg@orgmode.org:worg.git OR delete your old repo and run:

git clone worg@orgmode.org:worg.git

I've set up a new Worg publishing process which is triggered as soon as
a commit is pushed.  You'll see the output from the emacs process in
your terminal (should aid in debugging export issues).  The changes will
be available on the Worg site immediately.

I've updated http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-setup.html.  Please let me
know if you find any out-dated Worg documentation.

You can browse the worg repo at:
http://orgmode.org/w/?p=worg.git;a=summary

Read-only git access for the worg repo is available via:

git clone git://orgmode.org/worg.git

Regards,
Jason

* Re: Worg migration complete
@ 2011-12-10 15:32 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-10 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dunsmore; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

thanks a lot to Jason for taking care of Worg's migration.

We also migrated all public keys from repo.or.cz to orgmode.org:
so people who had push access to Worg can push without bothering
about sending their public key again.  Just do:

  ~$ git clone worg@orgmode.org:worg.git

Thanks to Tycho Garen for this!  And to all repo.or.cz admins
for their continuous support.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg migration complete
@ 2011-12-10 17:11   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-12-10 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
> We also migrated all public keys from repo.or.cz to orgmode.org:
> so people who had push access to Worg can push without bothering
> about sending their public key again.  Just do:
>
>   ~$ git clone worg@orgmode.org:worg.git

That does not seem to work for me, how to proceeed?

Cloning into 'worg.test'...
Permission denied (publickey).

I've tried both "worg" as user name and my username from repo.or.cz, but
get the same error.  Cloning the repo via the public interface (not ssh)
works well, thank you.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: Worg migration complete
@ 2011-12-10 17:39     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-12-10 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> That does not seem to work for me, how to proceeed?

Please resend your public key to Jason or to me, we will
add it if it has not been copied (some keys maybe be missing.)

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg migration complete
@ 2011-12-10 19:05     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-12-10 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:

> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
> > We also migrated all public keys from repo.or.cz to orgmode.org:
> > so people who had push access to Worg can push without bothering
> > about sending their public key again.  Just do:
> >
> >   ~$ git clone worg@orgmode.org:worg.git
>
> That does not seem to work for me, how to proceeed?
>
> Cloning into 'worg.test'...
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> I've tried both "worg" as user name and my username from repo.or.cz, but
> get the same error.  Cloning the repo via the public interface (not ssh)
> works well, thank you.

... but then you'll encounter problems when you try to push, right?

Nick

* Re: Worg migration complete
@ 2011-12-10 22:21       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2011-12-10 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
> ... but then you'll encounter problems when you try to push, right?

Yes.  It's sorted now, thanks to Jason.  First there was some bogus
newlines in the authentication file of the server, so some keys were not
recognized.  The remote to push to must be

  worg@orgmode.org:worg.git

Alternatively, in URL syntax that is

  git+ssh://worg@orgmode.org/~/worg.git

The crucial part is the "~", otherwise it'd search the repository in the
root directory.  Since I pull via the public interface to avoid the
overhead of an encrypted connection unless it is really needed, I've put

[url "git+ssh://worg@orgmode.org/~/"]
        pushInsteadOf = git://orgmode.org/

in my global .gitconfig; you could also have that in the repository
config or configure separate pull and push URL for the remote.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: Worg migration complete
@ 2011-12-15 12:41         ` Martyn Jago
From: Martyn Jago @ 2011-12-15 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jason

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>> ... but then you'll encounter problems when you try to push, right?
>
> Yes.  It's sorted now, thanks to Jason.  First there was some bogus
> newlines in the authentication file of the server, so some keys were not
> recognized.  The remote to push to must be
>
>   worg@orgmode.org:worg.git
>
> Alternatively, in URL syntax that is
>
>   git+ssh://worg@orgmode.org/~/worg.git
>
> The crucial part is the "~", otherwise it'd search the repository in the
> root directory.  Since I pull via the public interface to avoid the
> overhead of an encrypted connection unless it is really needed, I've put
>
> [url "git+ssh://worg@orgmode.org/~/"]
>         pushInsteadOf = git://orgmode.org/
>
> in my global .gitconfig; you could also have that in the repository
> config or configure separate pull and push URL for the remote.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

The relocation of Worg has proved to be very painless for me, and I
really like the new `instant publishing' feature, which works great!

Thanks for your time and effort on these changes.

Best, Martyn