On 2014-09-24 16:35, Steve Purcell writes: > Alan Schmitt writes: > >> On 2014-09-24 12:12, Steve Purcell writes: >> I'm surprised: I don't have Growl installed and it still works. I agree >> there is not much point in testing for Growl, though. > > I get the system popup asking me to locate the "growlHelperApp" > program. Indeed. Digging a little, I found out that I actually have Growl still installed. I removed it, killed its process, and made sure through the following AppleScript that it's not found: tell application "System Events" set growlHelpers to the name of every process whose creator type contains "GRRR" if (count of growlHelpers) > 0 then set growlHelperApp to item 1 of growlHelpers else set growlHelperApp to "" end if end tell I get an empty string as returned value. Is is the same for you? But as I said before, I'm fine with removing Growl support, unless someone objects. Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7