Hi Thanks to Alan Schmitt, I managed to bind C-u M-x ~org-tree-to-indirect-buffer~ but I would now like to activate and rename the new buffer. He suggested that ~(rename-buffer (org-get-heading) t)~ would rename the buffer, but it needs to be activated first. My question: how can I activate this new buffer? Along this line, it seems a little bit counter-intuitive that the new indirect buffer is *not* activated, as it is the case when editing source code blocks. The ideal solution probably would be to add this to the function, depending on a new configuration variable ~org-tree-to-indirect-buffer-activate~ which can be either nil : as it is now (the default) b : new buffer not activated B : new buffer is activated possibly even f : new buffer in new frame and *not* activated F : new buffer in new frame and activated Cheers, Rainer -- Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany) Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology Stellenbosch University South Africa Tel : +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44 Cell: +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98 Fax : +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44 Fax (D): +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44 email: Rainer@krugs.de Skype: RMkrug PGP: 0x0F52F982