On 2014-12-13 15:17, Nicolas Goaziou writes: > Also, `org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline' docstring could be > improved: "When nil, the link..." doesn't apply to "*headline" type > paths. As I was writing this, I experimented a little. It seems that, for "*headline" links, the following applies depending on the value of `org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline': - nil: do a substring search on headlines, jump to the first one that matches, fail if no match - t: do an exact search on headlines, fail if no match - 'query-to-create: do an exact search on headlines, propose to create if no match. The one case I'm less sure about is the first one, but this small org file shows it seems to be the case.