* Faces and spaces
@ 2020-04-21  7:44 Norman Tovey-Walsh
From: Norman Tovey-Walsh @ 2020-04-21  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I admit, up front, that this is of no practical consequence, but it’s
something that distracts me every single time I see it. (Which, I might
argue, is a practical consequence *for me*.)

Consider the following todo:

** TODO Do something next week.
   DEADLINE: <2020-04-28 Tue>
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CREATED:  [2020-04-21 Tue 08:17]
   :END:
   This is the thing to do.

DEADLINE: and :CREATED: are in the org-special-keyword face.
:PROPERTIES: and :END: are in the org-drawer face.

Both of those faces are monospace and I would prefer them to remain that
way.

The prose of my entry is fontified but not in any special face. I’m
using the Poet theme so that means it’s in some proportional face.

Here’s the source of my irritation: the spaces preceding “DEADLINE” and
“:CREATED:” are, like the prose, simply fontified. The spaces preceding
“:PROPERTIES:” and “:END:” are in the org-drawer face.

What this means is that the entry appears like this:

** TODO Do something next week.
   DEADLINE: <2020-04-28 Tue>
     :PROPERTIES:
   :CREATED:  [2020-04-21 Tue 08:17]
     :END:
   This is the thing to do.

Is there any way to get the spaces preceding both sets of lines in the
same face? I don’t much care which, I’d just prefer if they were
aligned. Even getting just :CREATED: aligned would be an improvement.

I think they’d align if I put the monospace ones in the proportional
font, so I guess that’s an option, but I’d prefer to have them
monospace.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
https://nwalsh.com/

> Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and
> quoted.--Fred Allen

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Faces and spaces
@ 2020-04-21 17:42 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-04-21 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norman Tovey-Walsh; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> I admit, up front, that this is of no practical consequence, but it’s
> something that distracts me every single time I see it. (Which, I might
> argue, is a practical consequence *for me*.)
>
> Consider the following todo:
>
> ** TODO Do something next week.
>    DEADLINE: <2020-04-28 Tue>
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :CREATED:  [2020-04-21 Tue 08:17]
>    :END:
>    This is the thing to do.
>
> DEADLINE: and :CREATED: are in the org-special-keyword face.
> :PROPERTIES: and :END: are in the org-drawer face.
>
> Both of those faces are monospace and I would prefer them to remain that
> way.
>
> The prose of my entry is fontified but not in any special face. I’m
> using the Poet theme so that means it’s in some proportional face.
>
> Here’s the source of my irritation: the spaces preceding “DEADLINE” and
> “:CREATED:” are, like the prose, simply fontified. The spaces preceding
> “:PROPERTIES:” and “:END:” are in the org-drawer face.
>
> What this means is that the entry appears like this:
>
> ** TODO Do something next week.
>    DEADLINE: <2020-04-28 Tue>
>      :PROPERTIES:
>    :CREATED:  [2020-04-21 Tue 08:17]
>      :END:
>    This is the thing to do.
>
> Is there any way to get the spaces preceding both sets of lines in the
> same face? I don’t much care which, I’d just prefer if they were
> aligned. Even getting just :CREATED: aligned would be an improvement.

I pushed a fix on master for that. Please give it a try if you can.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Faces and spaces
@ 2020-04-22  6:38   ` Norman Tovey-Walsh
From: Norman Tovey-Walsh @ 2020-04-22  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)