Sebastien Vauban writes: > Thomas S. Dye wrote: >> Rainer M Krug writes: >>> But the :colnames only works on tables (i.e. :results table) - but >>> the result is represented as a link to a file. So what should happen? >> >> I think this is mistaken. "Tables" occur in at least three contexts >> in babel source code blocks. There are input tables, :var mytable, >> there are "tables" within the code block, represented in R as >> a dataframe or a matrix, and there are output tables, which are placed >> in the Org mode buffer as a result. >> >> I use :colnames to keep the column names of input tables associated >> with the "tables" within the code block, and typically have them >> represented in the output, whether that is a "table" written to file, >> or output to the Org mode buffer as an Org mode table, either by >> default or (more rarely) through use of :results table. >> >> In my experience :results table is mostly useful for coercing a value >> that babel would otherwise interpret as a scalar into a single element >> table. > > Another problem, IIUC, is that :colnames serves to specify both input > and output, right? This would be the optimal solution - but instead of having a second header argument, the values ~input~ and ~output~ and ~both~ could be added, allowing to have headers only for input or output respectively, or for both (equivalent to ~yes~ at the moment, but clearer). > > Or can you well declare that, for example, the input table has an > header, but to strip it from the output?? I would prefer the option to be able to specify :colnames and :rownames for input and output separately. Cheers, Rainer > > Best regards, > Seb -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982