* table of contents--html export
@ 2009-04-07 13:12 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2009-04-07 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

When exporting to html, is it possible to change "Table of Contents" in
the exported file to something of one's own choice? (I don't mean a
different language).

Thanks, Jörg

* Re: table of contents--html export
@ 2009-04-07 13:45 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-04-07 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jörg Hagmann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jörg,

Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch> writes:

> When exporting to html, is it possible to change "Table of Contents"
> in the exported file to something of one's own choice? (I don't mean a
> different language).

Try customizing the variable org-export-language-setup. This will enable
you to change the title of the Table of Contents for your particular
locale.

Another approach: I get rid of the table of contents heading on my
website by using css:

#table-of-contents h2 { display: none; }

Best,
Matt

* Re: table of contents--html export
@ 2009-04-07 14:17   ` Jörg Hagmann
       [not found]     ` <m2y6ucpkfv.fsf@fastmail.fm>
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2009-04-07 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin, emacs-orgmode

Hi Matthew,

Thanks. I presently have "table of contents" turned off, and I dont want
the same in a different language. What I want is something like "On this
page", because otherwise users think they are dealing with links to
other pages and, depending on where exactly the "table of contents" link
points to, nothing may happen (when the page is short, the pointed to
link is already visible etc.).  Then they think it didn't work.

I tried to change "Table of contents" in the language section of the
file "org-exp.el", but that didn't do it.

But from your answer I guess that there is no customization for what I want?

Regards, Jörg

--
Prof. Jörg Hagmann-Zanolari MD
University of Basel

* Re: table of contents--html export
@ 2009-04-07 15:10 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-04-07 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jörg Hagmann; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch> writes:
> Hi,
>
> When exporting to html, is it possible to change "Table of Contents" in the
> exported file to something of one's own choice? (I don't mean a different
> language).

I can't find another way than what you probably found already:

M-x customize-variable RET org-export-default-language RET

is the only possibility I can think of now. This will change the name of
the TOC for all of your files and projects.

@ 2009-04-07 15:15       ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-04-07 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jörg,

Jörg Hagmann <joerg.hagmann@unibas.ch> writes:

> Thanks. I presently have "table of contents" turned off, and I dont
> want the same in a different language.

Did you try to customize the variable org-export-language-setup, as I
suggested? The variable allows you to change the name of the "Table of
Contents" header *for* any given language (see full instructions below).

> What I want is something like "On this page", because otherwise users
> think they are dealing with links to other pages and, depending on
> where exactly the "table of contents" link points to, nothing may
> happen (when the page is short, the pointed to link is already visible
> etc.). Then they think it didn't work.
>
> I tried to change "Table of contents" in the language section of the
> file "org-exp.el", but that didn't do it.
>
> But from your answer I guess that there is no customization for what I
> want?

On the contrary, org-export-language-setup is exactly what enables you
to customize the table of contents line. Simply type:

M-x customize-variable RET org-export-language-setup

Then, if you are publishing your websites in English, change the line
that reads "Table of Contents" to "On this page." (Or, change the table
of contents line for the language you are using.)

I just did this and got the following table of contents header in my
html export:

,----
| <h2>On this page</h2>
`----