* Naming of (indirect?) buffers opened by C-'
@ 2014-12-18 11:00 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-12-18 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I remember there was a discussion recently about the naming of the
indirect buffers of source code block opened with C-' but I can't find
it at the moment. Was there a solution on giving these buffers a
useful name, i.e. the name of the code block?

If this is included in org, it does not seem to be working for me?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Naming of (indirect?) buffers opened by C-'
@ 2014-12-19  2:30 ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-12-19  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

(defun gcr/org-edit-src-code-plus-name ()
  "Edit the well-described source code block.

Attribution: URL
`https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-09/msg00778.html'"
  (interactive)
  (let* ((eop  (org-element-at-point))
         (name (or (org-element-property :name (org-element-context eop))
                  "ॐ"))
         (lang (org-element-property :language eop))
         (buff-name (concat "*Org Src " name "[" lang "]*")))
    (org-edit-src-code nil nil buff-name)))

--
Grant Rettke
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/

* Re: Naming of (indirect?) buffers opened by C-'
@ 2014-12-19  9:53   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-12-19  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Grant Rettke <gcr@wisdomandwonder.com> writes:

> (defun gcr/org-edit-src-code-plus-name ()
>   "Edit the well-described source code block.
>
> Attribution: URL
> `https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-09/msg00778.html'"
>   (interactive)
>   (let* ((eop  (org-element-at-point))
>          (name (or (org-element-property :name (org-element-context eop))
>                   "ॐ"))
>          (lang (org-element-property :language eop))
>          (buff-name (concat "*Org Src " name "[" lang "]*")))
>     (org-edit-src-code nil nil buff-name)))

Thanks - that is exactly what I was looking for. But I had to change the
last line to

,----
| (org-edit-src-code nil buff-name)))
`----

as it seems that in my version of org

,----
| Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-660-g389274 @ /Users/rainerkrug/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/)
`----

the function org-edit-src-code only takes two arguments:

,----
| org-edit-src-code is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
| `org-src.el'.
|
| (org-edit-src-code &optional CODE EDIT-BUFFER-NAME)
|
| Edit the source or example block at point.
|
| The code is copied to a separate buffer and the appropriate mode
| is turned on.  When done, exit with M-x org-edit-src-exit.  This
| will remove the original code in the Org buffer, and replace it
| with the edited version.  See `org-src-window-setup' to configure
| the display of windows containing the Org buffer and the code
| buffer.
|
| When optional argument CODE is a string, edit it in a dedicated
| buffer instead.
|
| When optional argument EDIT-BUFFER-NAME is non-nil, use it as the
| name of the sub-editing buffer.
`----

Thanks a lot,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* KEybinding for Re: Naming of (indirect?) buffers opened by C-'
@ 2014-12-19 10:00     ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-12-19 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org