* Article (and Python script) for reformatting agenda view for paper planner
@ 2009-02-06 23:02 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2009-02-06 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have written an article about a Python script I wrote
to reformat the agenda view into a compact format for printing
as my daily action plan.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/agenda_reformatting.html

I am a Python novice, so I welcome feedback on the script.

Charles
in Sydney, Australia

* Re: Article (and Python script) for reformatting agenda view for paper planner
@ 2009-02-07  1:06 ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-02-07  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Cave; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Charles,

Charles Cave <charles_cave@optusnet.com.au> writes:

> I have written an article about a Python script I wrote
> to reformat the agenda view into a compact format for printing
> as my daily action plan.
>
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/agenda_reformatting.html

Thanks for sharing this script! I like how the script slices and dices
the normal agenda view to organize by context.

For anyone who's interested, you can also similar compact formatting
(with checkboxes) using custom agenda command settings, espcially the
variables org-agenda-prefix-format, org-agenda-block-separator, and
org-agenda-overriding-header.

There's a somewhat complex example in the custom agenda commands
tutorial on Worg.

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-custom-agenda-commands.php#sec-5.4

Best,
Matt