* Default Date for Scheduling in Remember Buffer
@ 2009-09-22  9:58 Philipp Schaefer
From: Philipp Schaefer @ 2009-09-22  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I just tried the functionality described in the manual in the section
http://orgmode.org/org.html#Setting-up-Remember-for-Org , according to
which the key combination 'k r' leads to timestamps defaulting to the
day on which the pointer was when 'k r' was invoked.
Now is it somehow possible to alter the behaviour of %t to not only be
converted to a simple timestamp but instead to a deadline- or
scheduled-timestamp?

Thanks,

Phil

* Re: Default Date for Scheduling in Remember Buffer
@ 2009-09-22 15:36 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-09-22 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philipp Schaefer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Philipp Schaefer <philipp.schaefer@gmail.com> writes:

> I just tried the functionality described in the manual in the section
> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Setting-up-Remember-for-Org , according to
> which the key combination 'k r' leads to timestamps defaulting to the
> day on which the pointer was when 'k r' was invoked. Now is it somehow
> possible to alter the behaviour of %t to not only be converted to a
> simple timestamp but instead to a deadline- or scheduled-timestamp?

Here's the simplest way to do it:

(setq org-remember-templates
  '((?s "* TODO %^{Title}\n SCHEDULED: %t\n %a\n %i")
    (?d "* TODO %^{Title}\n DEADLINE: %t\n %a\n %i")
    ;; ... other templates here
    ))

- Matt

* Re: Re: Default Date for Scheduling in Remember Buffer
@ 2009-09-22 17:11   ` Dave Täht
From: Dave Täht @ 2009-09-22 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Philipp Schaefer

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Philipp Schaefer <philipp.schaefer@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I just tried the functionality described in the manual in the section
>> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Setting-up-Remember-for-Org , according to
>> which the key combination 'k r' leads to timestamps defaulting to the
>> day on which the pointer was when 'k r' was invoked. Now is it somehow
>> possible to alter the behaviour of %t to not only be converted to a
>> simple timestamp but instead to a deadline- or scheduled-timestamp?
>
> Here's the simplest way to do it:
>
> (setq org-remember-templates
>   '((?s "* TODO %^{Title}\n SCHEDULED: %t\n %a\n %i")
>     (?d "* TODO %^{Title}\n DEADLINE: %t\n %a\n %i")
>     ;; ... other templates here
>     ))

This is what I'm doing too. Problem is, what I'd like is a default of
"tomorrow" rather than today. Do I need a sexp for that?

--
Dave Taht
http://the-edge.blogspot.com