* MACRO and HTML escapes and migration to org-mode 8
@ 2013-04-02 10:50 Adrian
From: Adrian @ 2013-04-02 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've finally bitten the bullet and tried to get my org-mode export
working with the new export mechanisms, so far so good.

My current sticking point is with my use of #+MACRO and "@" escapes in
them -- they used to work in the old version of org-mode, in the current
one I get them quoted verbatim into the HTML output with text like

@&ltspan blah blah >text@&lt/span>

I must be missing the key part of TFM, since section 12.5.3 seems to say
that "@" still escapes simple HTML tags.  I've got a header file that
includes the line:

#+MACRO: datetime @<span class="datetime" title="$1">$2@</span>

This is then included in the org-mode files with

#+SETUPFILE: ~/path/macros.inc

Then in the text I have entries such as
{{{datetime(2013-04-01,yesterday)}}} -- and it all used to work.

--
Adrian Tritschler                          mailto:ajft@ajft.org
Latitude 38°S, Longitude 145°E, Altitude 50m,      Shoe size 44

* Re: MACRO and HTML escapes and migration to org-mode 8
@ 2013-04-02 11:33 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2013-04-02 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Adrian,

The fine manual is not yet up to date with the new exporter, so when you're
bitten, check http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html.

The "@" html-tag quoting has been replaced with a generalized "export
snippets" syntax (currently described at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html#sec-8-1).

This works:

#+MACRO: datetime @@html:<span class="datetime" title="$1">$2</span>@@

Yours,
Christian

@ 2013-04-04 10:40   ` Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2013-04-04 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Moe; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>wrote:

> Hi, Adrian,
>
> The fine manual is not yet up to date with the new exporter, so when you're
> bitten, check http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html.
>

> The "@" html-tag quoting has been replaced with a generalized "export
> snippets" syntax (currently described at
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html#sec-8-1).
>
> This works:
>
> #+MACRO: datetime @@html:<span class="datetime" title="$1">$2</span>@@

Aha, and so it does.

I thought I'd tried that prior to my posting, I know I tried a few
variations, must have made some mistake along the way.

Many thanks.
  Adrian

--
Adrian Tritschler
Melbourne, Australia

* Re: MACRO and HTML escapes and migration to org-mode 8
@ 2013-04-04 10:47     ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2013-04-04 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Tritschler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Adrian Tritschler writes:
>> #+MACRO: datetime @@html:<span class="datetime" title="$1">$2</span>@@
>

> Aha, and so it does.
>
> I thought I'd tried that prior to my posting, I know I tried a few
> variations, must have made some mistake along the way.

It'll take some time before I remember to indicate the backend after the
@@'s, but I generally like the new syntax much better.

Yours,
Christian