* [bug] Captured item inserted in the wrong subtree
@ 2011-08-12 14:00 Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-08-12 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello,

Since this morning's update -- though I think I did not update yesterday --,
I've a weird problem when capture some text through the standard template I
use for months.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
          (setq org-capture-templates
                `(("t" "Task" entry
                   (file+headline ,org-default-notes-file "Tasks")
                   "* NEW %^{Task}%?

%i"
                   :empty-lines 1))
#+end_src

The newly created entry is supposed to be inserted as the last one of the
Tasks section.

It now is the first one of the *section that just follows Tasks*.

Just to make this clear:

#+begin_src org
* Tasks

** NEW Old task

** NEW Another old captured task

* Notes

** NEW Today's captured task is inserted here!
#+end_src

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: [bug] Captured item inserted in the wrong subtree
@ 2011-08-13 21:26 ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2011-08-13 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Since this morning's update -- though I think I did not update yesterday --,
> I've a weird problem when capture some text through the standard template I
> use for months.

I'm having a similar problem, except that the capturing process now deletes
the first heading after my * Inbox group, and inserts part of the following
headline into my capture buffer, in addition to the new capture template.

John

* Re: [bug] Captured item inserted in the wrong subtree
@ 2011-08-14  6:39   ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2011-08-14  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Wiegley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Sat, 13 Aug 2011 16:26:25 -0500,
John Wiegley wrote:

> "Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org>
> writes:
>
> > Since this morning's update -- though I think I did not update yesterday --,
> > I've a weird problem when capture some text through the standard template I
> > use for months.
>
> I'm having a similar problem, except that the capturing process now deletes
> the first heading after my * Inbox group, and inserts part of the following
> headline into my capture buffer, in addition to the new capture template.

Does this problem still persist after commit 3771185caefc6d35c4ff0523bdbae878f3e92203?

,----
| commit 3771185caefc6d35c4ff0523bdbae878f3e92203
| Author: David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de>
| Date:   Sat Aug 13 15:02:03 2011 +0200
|
|     Fix wrong order of lines to move before pasting
|
|     * org.el (org-paste-subtree): Fix wrong order of lines to move before
|     pasting.
`----

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: [bug] Captured item inserted in the wrong subtree
@ 2011-08-14  6:48     ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2011-08-14  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.ed> writes:

> Does this problem still persist after commit 3771185caefc6d35c4ff0523bdbae878f3e92203?

It's all fixed now, thanks David!

John