* [babe] :var assignment no longer of tolerant of whitespace
@ 2011-11-20 11:46 Martyn Jago
From: Martyn Jago @ 2011-11-20 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

It used to be the case that you could assign a variable and any
whitespace would be chomped:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var a = 1 :var b = 2

(+ a b)

#+end_src

However it is now required to remove the whitespace:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var a=1 :var b=2

(+ a b)

#+end_src

I haven't noticed any announcement of a change in terms of whitespace
use, so I'm mentioning it in case it is actually a regression, or is it
by design? If the change has been announced, then I apologize in advance
for the noise.

Best, Martyn

* [babel] :var assignment no longer tolerant of whitespace
@ 2011-11-20 12:03 ` Martyn Jago
From: Martyn Jago @ 2011-11-20 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Martyn Jago <martyn.jago@btinternet.com> writes:

(Fixed typos in heading)

Hi

It used to be the case that you could assign a variable and any
whitespace would be chomped:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var a = 1 :var b = 2

(+ a b)

#+end_src

However it is now required to remove the whitespace:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var a=1 :var b=2

(+ a b)

#+end_src

I haven't noticed any announcement of a change in terms of whitespace
use, so I'm mentioning it in case it is actually a regression, or is it
by design? If the change has been announced, then I apologize in advance
for the noise.

Best, Martyn

* Re: [babel] :var assignment no longer tolerant of whitespace
@ 2011-11-20 16:28   ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-11-20 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martyn Jago; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martyn,

Tom mentioned this regression earlier and I treated it as a new
restriction on variable specifications, but if multiple people are
running into this issue I suppose spaces around equals should be
supported.

I have just pushed up a change and a test case ensuring that examples
like yours below will work.

Cheers -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: [babel] :var assignment no longer tolerant of whitespace
@ 2011-11-21 11:37     ` Martyn Jago
From: Martyn Jago @ 2011-11-21 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> writes:
Hi Eric

> Hi Martyn,
>
> Tom mentioned this regression earlier and I treated it as a new
> restriction on variable specifications, but if multiple people are
> running into this issue I suppose spaces around equals should be
> supported.
>
> I have just pushed up a change and a test case ensuring that examples
> like yours below will work.

Many thanks

Best, Martyn