* Getting beginning postiion of a description list
@ 2015-01-15  4:28 Calvin Young
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Calvin Young @ 2015-01-15  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

If my cursor is in a description list item, what's the recommended way of
getting the point at the beginning of the description list text (i.e.,
after the bullet character)? To illustrate, given the following description
list item, I'd like to get the point represented by the pipe character "|":

- |foo :: bar

If I use something like `(org-element-property :contents-begin
(org-element-at-point))`, that gives me the point at the beginning of the
description, not the list item:

- foo :: |bar

How do I need to massage this to give me the beginning of the whole list
item? Is there a recommended solution that'd work for both description
lists *and* plain lists?

Thanks everyone :)

Calvin