On 2015-07-29 06:18, Peter Davis writes: > Thank you, Daniele. I've tried the above command line, and I get: > > emacsclient: can't find socket; have you started the server? > To start the server in Emacs, type "M-x server-start". > emacsclient: No socket or alternate editor. Please use: > > --socket-name > --server-file (or environment variable EMACS_SERVER_FILE) > --alternate-editor (or environment variable ALTERNATE_EDITOR) > > I have (server-start) at the top of my .emacs file, and I've restarted > manually a few times, so I suspect emacsclient is failing > silently somehow and that's the problem. I'll try to troubleshoot that. You’re probably running the emacsclient that comes by default with OS X, which is probably a different version from your emacs. Here I had to change the path in the extension setting to use “/usr/local/bin/emacsclient” instead of the system “/usr/bin/emacsclient”. Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Last week athmospheric CO₂ average (Updated July 26, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 401.25 ppm