* new exporter: remove postamble in html of export subtree
@ 2012-11-21  9:19 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-21  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm trying to remove the postamble in the html-export of a subtree, and
I don't know how to do it. This is what I tried:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_OPTIONS: html-postamble:nil
:END:
#+END_SRC

(I found the name of the option in the org-e-html.el file.)

How can I specify this option so that it only applies to a subtree?

Thanks a lot,

Alan

* Re: new exporter: remove postamble in html of export subtree
@ 2012-11-21 10:49 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-11-21 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to remove the postamble in the html-export of a subtree, and
> I don't know how to do it. This is what I tried:

C-h v org-e-html-postamble RET

> #+BEGIN_SRC org
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_OPTIONS: html-postamble:nil
> :END:
> #+END_SRC
>

> (I found the name of the option in the org-e-html.el file.)
>
> How can I specify this option so that it only applies to a subtree?

Nicolas can advise you in this regard.  Why would you want to do it on
per-subtree basis?

@ 2012-11-21 10:57   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-21 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to remove the postamble in the html-export of a subtree, and
>> I don't know how to do it. This is what I tried:
>
> C-h v org-e-html-postamble RET

Yes, I had looked there as well (before going into the code). It does
not tell me how to set it for a subtree, though.

>> #+BEGIN_SRC org
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :EXPORT_OPTIONS: html-postamble:nil
>> :END:
>> #+END_SRC
>>

>> (I found the name of the option in the org-e-html.el file.)
>>
>> How can I specify this option so that it only applies to a subtree?
>
> Nicolas can advise you in this regard.  Why would you want to do it on
> per-subtree basis?

Because it's part of a much larger file containing many other things.
For some of them I want a postamble when I export, but not for this one.

Thanks,

@ 2012-11-22 13:38   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-11-22 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: Alan Schmitt, emacs-orgmode

> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

>> I'm trying to remove the postamble in the html-export of a subtree, and
>> I don't know how to do it. This is what I tried:
>
> C-h v org-e-html-postamble RET
>

>> #+BEGIN_SRC org
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :EXPORT_OPTIONS: html-postamble:nil
>> :END:
>> #+END_SRC
>>

>> (I found the name of the option in the org-e-html.el file.)
>>
>> How can I specify this option so that it only applies to a subtree?
>
> Nicolas can advise you in this regard.  Why would you want to do it on
> per-subtree basis?

You can't specify this option at the subtree level, because you can't
specify it with neither a keyword nor an options item.

The property :html-postamble is defined with the following line:

     (:html-postamble nil nil org-e-html-postamble)

Its default value is `org-e-html-postamble'. The third element (nil) is
the place to define an option item. For example, with:

    (:html-postamble nil "html-postamble" org-e-html-postamble)

your syntax should be valid, along with the global:

This is now the case in master (along with #+OPTIONS: html-preamble:nil).

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: new exporter: remove postamble in html of export subtree
@ 2012-11-22 13:53     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-11-22 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Jambunathan K

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> You can't specify this option at the subtree level, because you can't
> specify it with neither a keyword nor an options item.
>
> The property :html-postamble is defined with the following line:
>
>      (:html-postamble nil nil org-e-html-postamble)
>
> Its default value is `org-e-html-postamble'. The third element (nil) is
> the place to define an option item. For example, with:
>
>     (:html-postamble nil "html-postamble" org-e-html-postamble)
>
> your syntax should be valid, along with the global:

> This is now the case in master (along with #+OPTIONS: html-preamble:nil).

Ah, I understand better how properties are defined now. Thanks a lot.

Alan