Ihor Radchenko writes: > Then, you can `cl-letf'-bind the message function in a new macro added > to org-test.el. The binding will accumulate messages in some > list. Then, use that macro to test the messages. What a great piece of advice. Thank you, Ihor! See the 4th version of the patch attached below. > Also, I think that conversion message may worth a warning. You have mentioned this twice, but you have never said why. I remain open, but I need know the reason. To give you mine: We need to inform the user, not necessarily warn them. They can keep using the older options as long as they want, and I engineered the patch specifically so that everything will work going forward, without the need for the user to spin the "update now" hamster wheel. However, if you have a sound, technical reason for issuing warnings to the user, I will make it happen. Let me know! Rudy