Jacob Gerlach writes: > Hello list, > > I'm starting writing my thesis, for which I hope to remain in org-mode > rather than regular LaTeX. > > I am working on adapting a thesis LaTeX template into org-mode. The > template is set up with a main.tex having several individual files > (chapters, appendices, etc) \include'd. > > I believe that I could parallel this using org's publishing mechanism. An > alternate approach would be to use one single file, since I can simply fold > chapters to focus my workflow. > > My first concern is losing the ability to use internal links if I use > separate files. Another thought is compilation time if I use one file and > must always run pdflatex over the entire document. I'm sure there are > pitfalls either way that I'm not yet aware of. Don't forget latexmk [1] which runns in an emacs shell or even a different terminal, monitors file changes, and if a file changes compiles the latex file - so exporting from org is exporting to latex only, and the pdf is creqated in the background. I use it daily and it works perfectly. Cheers, Rainer > > Any input or advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. > > Regards, > Jake Footnotes: [1] http://users.phys.psu.edu/~collins/software/latexmk-jcc/ -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982