* Latex export: setting options for packages included by default
@ 2020-01-23 14:13 Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2020-01-23 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings.

When I export to Latex, org automatically creates the following line in
preamble:

\usepackage{color}

I would like to find a way to pass option [monochrome] to this
package. Adding another \usepackage creates a conflict. My preferred way
would be to add the line

\PassOptionsToPackage{monochrome}{color}

to the preamble before \usepackage.

1. Is there a way to do this (easily) in Org? I think it is possible to
   redefine the preamble template, but that would be an overkill.

2. If there is no direct option for this, could we have one? Like
   #+latex_header but which would be applied before any packages are
   loaded?

Jarmo

* Re: Latex export: setting options for packages included by default
@ 2020-01-23 19:01 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2020-01-23 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is this package listed in org-latex-default-packages-alist?

If so, you might try something like:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(let ((org-latex-default-packages-alist org-latex-default-packages-alist))
  (setf (nth (seq-position org-latex-default-packages-alist "color"
			   (lambda (a b) (string= b (nth 1 a))))
	     org-latex-default-packages-alist)
	'("monochrome" "color" nil))
  (org-latex-export-to-pdf))
#+END_SRC

I think that would be a temporary modification just for the export.

Alternatively, you might define a new latex class like this:

(add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
	     '("article-monochrome"
	       "\\documentclass{article}
\\PassOptionsToPackage{monochrome}{color}
 [DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
 [PACKAGES]
 [EXTRA]"
	       ("\\section{%s}" . "\\section*{%s}")
	       ("\\subsection{%s}" . "\\subsection*{%s}")
	       ("\\subsubsection{%s}" . "\\subsubsection*{%s}")
	       ("\\paragraph{%s}" . "\\paragraph*{%s}")
	       ("\\subparagraph{%s}" . "\\subparagraph*{%s}")))

and then specify #+LATEX_CLASS: article-monochrome in the org-file.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F