From: tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye)
To: Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [new exporter] Guides on what incompatibilities to watch for?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:11:20 -1000	[thread overview]

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not very specific in this mail, but am wondering…
>
> I have some nontrivial documents written in Org-mode. My main use case
> for Org is mostly to author texts, rather than using its time-tracking
> features. I fear that with the new exporter, several of my documents'
> features will no longer work or -worse- be interpretted differently,
> having a negative impact in my output.
>
> Is there a guide on what items should I mostly watch for (or even
> better, what syntax changes should I make) to get my results as
> similar as possible to what I had beforehand?
>
> I am not yet running with the new release; as I follow the Debian
> packaging, I'll rather wait until it "lands" in my system. Still, I
> want to prepare and not let this get me off-guard!

Aloha Gunnar,

Please see http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#new-exporter-switch.
Old documents will typically require some changes to work with the new
exporter, but the changes are relatively few and that Nicolas has worked
hard to preserve backward compatibility where possible.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye