* article-class.org (org-article) - bugs/discrepancies
@ 2011-05-21 18:20 Srinivas
From: Srinivas @ 2011-05-21 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Tom,

The org-article class is very helpful. Thank you.

I have 2 issues with the class.

Issue #1

I tried to generate the org-article.cls from the article-class.org
 at https://github.com/tsdye/org-article/blob/master/article-class.org.

The following line in the article-class.org needs to be modified:

from:  #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttest
to: #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttesttable

Issue #2:

I was trying to pass some options to hyperref so that the PDF file metadata
gets populated with orgmode macros but unable to do so effectively.

I tried the following:

#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS:
[koma,letterpaper,captions=tableheading,charter,10pt,listings-
sv,microtype,paralist,bookmarksopen=true,colorlinks=true,linkcolor=blue,
urlcolor=blue,bookmarksnumbered=true,pdftitle=
{{{title}}},pdfauthor={{{author}}},pdfkeywords={{{keywords}}},pdfsubject=
{{{description}}},pdfproducer=orgmode,secnums,oneside]

This produces a PDF but whitespace in AUTHOR, KEYWORDS, TITLE and DESCRIPTION
are not preserved.

If I try to do something like pdfauthor={{{{author}}}}, then PDF is not
generated correctly (a PDF file is produced but output is garbled). The extra
set of braces is not handled.

Do you have any suggestions on how to pass parameters to hyperref using the
macro features of orgmode?

- Srinivas

* Re: article-class.org (org-article) - bugs/discrepancies
@ 2011-05-22  0:08 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-05-22  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Srinivas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Srinivas <sp_us@yahoo.com> writes:

> Tom,
>
> The org-article class is very helpful. Thank you.
>
> I have 2 issues with the class.
>
> Issue #1
>
> I tried to generate the org-article.cls from the article-class.org
>  at https://github.com/tsdye/org-article/blob/master/article-class.org.
>
> The following line in the article-class.org needs to be modified:
>
> from:  #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttest
> to: #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttesttable
>
> Issue #2:
>
> I was trying to pass some options to hyperref so that the PDF file metadata
> gets populated with orgmode macros but unable to do so effectively.
>
> I tried the following:
>
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS:
> [koma,letterpaper,captions=tableheading,charter,10pt,listings-
> sv,microtype,paralist,bookmarksopen=true,colorlinks=true,linkcolor=blue,
> urlcolor=blue,bookmarksnumbered=true,pdftitle=
> {{{title}}},pdfauthor={{{author}}},pdfkeywords={{{keywords}}},pdfsubject=
> {{{description}}},pdfproducer=orgmode,secnums,oneside]
>
> This produces a PDF but whitespace in AUTHOR, KEYWORDS, TITLE and DESCRIPTION
> are not preserved.
>
> If I try to do something like pdfauthor={{{{author}}}}, then PDF is not
> generated correctly (a PDF file is produced but output is garbled). The extra
> set of braces is not handled.
>
> Do you have any suggestions on how to pass parameters to hyperref using the
> macro features of orgmode?
>
> - Srinivas

Aloha Srinivas,

I don't have suggestions on how to pass parameters to hyperref using the
macro features of org-mode.  It isn't something I've tried to do.
Sorry.

I don't think org-article.cls was a good idea.  I learned a lot cobbling
it together, but in the end I wasn't able to keep the class general and
add all the packages that the org-mode crowd might expect.  An
org-article.cls that implements a specific style is a good idea, IMO,
and my unsupported org-article.cls might serve as a useful starting
point for someone.

All the best,
Tom

--