* New LaTeX exporter captions
@ 2012-10-28 21:13 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-10-28 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha Nicolas,

An example I gave on the ML a few days ago doesn't really work right.

#+name: fundamental-model
#+header: :exports results
#+header: :file fundamental-model.pdf
#+BEGIN_SRC dot
  graph G
        {
        graph [margin="0.01"];
          d [label = "Dated event", shape ="box"];
          t [label = "Target event"];
          d -- t [label = "Association", dir = "both", len = 2];
          {rank=same; d t;}
          }
#+END_SRC

#+CAPTION[The fundamental relationship of a chronological model]:
#+CAPTION: The fundamental relationship of a chronological model based on radiometric dating.
#+ATTR_LaTeX: width=232pt
#+NAME: fig:fundamental
#+RESULTS: fundamental-model
[[file:fundamental-model.pdf]]

In particular, the short part of caption doesn't export unless the colon
is followed by some content.  Is this intentional?  It seems like a
reasonable restriction to me.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: New LaTeX exporter captions
@ 2012-10-28 21:48 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-10-28 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> An example I gave on the ML a few days ago doesn't really work right.
>
> #+name: fundamental-model
> #+header: :exports results
> #+header: :file fundamental-model.pdf
> #+BEGIN_SRC dot
>   graph G
>         {
>         graph [margin="0.01"];
>           d [label = "Dated event", shape ="box"];
>           t [label = "Target event"];
>           d -- t [label = "Association", dir = "both", len = 2];
>           {rank=same; d t;}
>           }
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+CAPTION[The fundamental relationship of a chronological model]:
> #+CAPTION: The fundamental relationship of a chronological model based on radiometric dating.
> #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=232pt
> #+NAME: fig:fundamental
> #+RESULTS: fundamental-model
> [[file:fundamental-model.pdf]]
>
> In particular, the short part of caption doesn't export unless the colon
> is followed by some content.  Is this intentional?

At first, only one caption line was allowed. Thus, it didn't make much
sense to provide a short caption but no long caption. Now captions are
multi-lines, it may be possible to do so. I've removed the restriction
in master branch.

Note that you can also use the following:

  #+CAPTION[The fundamental relationship of a chronological model]: The fundamental
  #+CAPTION: relationship of a chronological model based on radiometric dating.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: New LaTeX exporter captions
@ 2012-10-28 22:48   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-10-28 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org-mode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> An example I gave on the ML a few days ago doesn't really work right.
>>
>> #+name: fundamental-model
>> #+header: :exports results
>> #+header: :file fundamental-model.pdf
>> #+BEGIN_SRC dot
>>   graph G
>>         {
>>         graph [margin="0.01"];
>>           d [label = "Dated event", shape ="box"];
>>           t [label = "Target event"];
>>           d -- t [label = "Association", dir = "both", len = 2];
>>           {rank=same; d t;}
>>           }
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+CAPTION[The fundamental relationship of a chronological model]:
>> #+CAPTION: The fundamental relationship of a chronological model based on radiometric dating.
>> #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=232pt
>> #+NAME: fig:fundamental
>> #+RESULTS: fundamental-model
>> [[file:fundamental-model.pdf]]
>>
>> In particular, the short part of caption doesn't export unless the colon
>> is followed by some content.  Is this intentional?
>
> At first, only one caption line was allowed. Thus, it didn't make much
> sense to provide a short caption but no long caption. Now captions are
> multi-lines, it may be possible to do so. I've removed the restriction
> in master branch.
>
> Note that you can also use the following:
>
>   #+CAPTION[The fundamental relationship of a chronological model]:
> The fundamental
>   #+CAPTION: relationship of a chronological model based on
> radiometric dating

Neat.  Thanks for the help.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813