* Error in pre-command-hook
@ 2010-12-01 12:27 Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2010-12-01 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When entering a date and pressing M-+ to increment 1 day I get the following
error message:
Error in pre-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument symbolp
(lambda nil (interactive) (org-eval-in-calendar
(quote (calendar-forward-day 1)))))

This only happens once, the first time I press M-+ in a new Emacs session.
Then I can try again and everything works fine.

cheers
Thorsten

PS
GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0) of 2010-03-29
on rothera, modified by Debian
Org-mode version 7.3

* Re: Error in pre-command-hook
@ 2010-12-01 20:14 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-12-01 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:27:10 +0000 (UTC),
Thorsten wrote:

> When entering a date and pressing M-+ to increment 1 day I get the following
> error message:
> Error in pre-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument symbolp
> (lambda nil (interactive) (org-eval-in-calendar
> (quote (calendar-forward-day 1)))))
>
> This only happens once, the first time I press M-+ in a new Emacs session.
> Then I can try again and everything works fine.

I cannot reproduce this.  Can you give a step-by-step instruction (aka
minimal example)?  I tried to reproduce this one with Org 7.3 while
scheduling an item, but no luck: M-+ is not bount to a function.

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: Error in pre-command-hook
@ 2010-12-02 20:47   ` bebop52
From: bebop52 @ 2010-12-02 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> writes:

> At Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:27:10 +0000 (UTC),
> Thorsten wrote:
>>
>> When entering a date and pressing M-+ to increment 1 day I get the following
>> error message:
>> Error in pre-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument symbolp
>> (lambda nil (interactive) (org-eval-in-calendar
>> (quote (calendar-forward-day 1)))))
>>
>> This only happens once, the first time I press M-+ in a new Emacs session.
>> Then I can try again and everything works fine.
>
> I cannot reproduce this.  Can you give a step-by-step instruction (aka
> minimal example)?  I tried to reproduce this one with Org 7.3 while
> scheduling an item, but no luck: M-+ is not bount to a function.
>
> Best,
>   -- David
> --
> OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
> Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org
> Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de

1. I start up emacs and open an .org file
2. I enter i.e.a new meeting
* meeting
and hit C-c .  or C-u-c .
3. Then in the minibuffer I hit M-+ or M-p (M = <ALT>) to change day or
week in the calendar.

The very first time I do this I get the above error message, and only
then.

cheers
Thorsten

C-h k =>
-------
M-+ runs the command org-shiftright, which is an interactive Lisp
function in `org.el'.

It is bound to M-+, <menu-bar> <Org> <TODO Lists> <Select keyword>
<Next keyword>, <menu-bar> <Org> <Dates and Scheduling> <Change Date>
<1 Day Later>.

(org-shiftright &optional arg)

Cycle the thing at point or in the current line, depending on context.
Depending on context, this does one of the following:

- switch a timestamp at point one day into the future
- on a headline, switch to the next TODO keyword.
- on an item, switch entire list to the next bullet type
- on a property line, switch to the next allowed value
- on a clocktable definition line, move time block into the future

------

M-p runs the command org-shiftup, which is an interactive Lisp
function in `org.el'.

It is bound to M-p, <menu-bar> <Org> <TODO Lists> <Priority Up>,
<menu-bar> <Org> <Dates and Scheduling> <Change Date> <1 ... Later>.

(org-shiftup &optional arg)

Increase item in timestamp or increase priority of current headline.
Calls `org-timestamp-up' or `org-priority-up', or `org-previous-item',
depending on context.  See the individual commands for more information.

* Re: Error in pre-command-hook
@ 2010-12-12  9:11     ` Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2010-12-12  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I still recieve this not so critical error message in the
situation described above in this thread:

Error in pre-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument symbolp (lambda nil
(interactive) (org-eval-in-calendar (quote (calendar-forward-day 1)))))

But now I have an additional problem. Inserting a timestamp (M-x
org-time-stamp) works, but the keybindings C-c . and C-u-c . do not work
anymore. C-h k gives no result on both keybindings, and C-h f
(org-time-stamp) does not say anything about key-bindings.

C-h m gives the following output (but confusingly, the other bindings
C-c C-a etc still work):

C-c .  org-time-stamp
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode)

C-c C-a show-all
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-b
outline-backward-same-level
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-c
hide-entry
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-d
hide-subtree
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-e
show-entry
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-f
outline-forward-same-level
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-k
show-branches
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-l
hide-leaves
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c RET
outline-insert-heading
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-o
hide-other
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-q
hide-sublevels
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-s
show-subtree
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-t hide-body
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c C-v
outline-move-subtree-down
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode) C-c @
outline-mark-subtree
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode)

M-TAB ispell-complete-word
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode)

Something very similar was reported here:
http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2010-10/msg00810.html

I read that autopair.el could have something to do with it, so I added
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          #'(lambda () (setq autopair-dont-activate t)))
to my .emacs file - but it did not help.

I'm now on orgmode 7.3, Emacs 23.1.1 and Ubuntu Maverick.  Thanks for
any advice
Cheers
Thorsten

* Re: Error in pre-command-hook
@ 2010-12-12  9:37       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2010-12-12  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Have you checked whether your own .emacs screws up? It would be much
more helpful if you provide a step by step recipe to reproduce the bug
starting with 'emacs -Q'. Cheers. Leo

--
Oracle is the new evil

* Re: Error in pre-command-hook
@ 2010-12-15  1:42         ` Thorsten
From: Thorsten @ 2010-12-15  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Have you checked whether your own .emacs screws up? It would be much
> more helpful if you provide a step by step recipe to reproduce the bug
> starting with 'emacs -Q'. Cheers. Leo

Thats a bit complicated, I#m afraid. I load many libraries from Dropbox
and not from the normal places, so with emacs -Q nothing works anymore.

I wouls like to find the definition of the C-c . and C-u-c . key
strokes. I did a multi-isearch in all .el files in the org directory -
the only hit was in a comment in org.el. Where are these keys defined?
cheers
thorsten

* Re: Error in pre-command-hook
@ 2010-12-15 19:57           ` bebop52
From: bebop52 @ 2010-12-15 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thorsten <gruenderteam.berlin@googlemail.com> writes:

> I wouls like to find the definition of the C-c . and C-u-c . key
> strokes. I did a multi-isearch in all .el files in the org directory -
> the only hit was in a comment in org.el. Where are these keys defined?

Finally I found the culprit:

;; Enable EDE (Project Management) features
(global-ede-mode 1)

in my .emacs enables EDE project-management in org-buffers too, and EDE
has many keybindings that start with C-c . and then one additional
letter, shadowing the org-keybindings.

in my autopair.el configurations I have the following:
(autopair-global-mode)
(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
          #'(lambda () (setq autopair-dont-activate t)))

I don't find an ede-mode-hook or a variable ede-dont-activate. Is there
a generic way to disable global-ede-mode for org buffers?
cheers
Thorsten